2010 Calender

Less than one minute read time.
Hi Everyone, My name is Patrick and I am a carer from for my wife Michelle, who has cervical cancer & Lymphoma. I've had an idea for raisng money in the form of a calender, which everyone on this site can join in on. I have emailed my intentions to my local ( Leicestershire ) Macmillan office and they have no problems with me doing it at all. I've also emailed admin and the press office of " What Now" and at this time I am waiting for permission from them. I already have a couple of people really interested in helping out, and any others are more tham welcome. When we get started, we'll need your ideas, stories & photo's. Please bookmark this blog and I'll update it when I know a little more. Patrick.
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

good on ya patrick, and as dev said it was patricks idea lol

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Count me in - whether you need any skills or just someone to buy the finished product! (I am a graphic designer by the way.) Let me know if I can help at all. ;-) T x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello All Again,

I've got some fantastic news for everyone, we've been granted permission from our " What Now" Admin today!

"Hi Patrick & Michelle.

We think this is a great idea and we're very happy for you to go ahead with it. I see from your blog that you've been in touch with your local Macmillan office, and they might be better placed to help you with materials, resources, etc.

But if there's anything we can do to help you getting it together online then please let us know.

It might be a good idea to start this up as a group on What Now:

www.whatnow.org.uk/groups

Thanks

James

Macmillan Community team"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Again,

We have kindly been offered the services of a graphic designer from Tgirl, which I am so pleased about.

I think the next step is to chose a theme for our calender, something unique to us all and so different.

So your ideas please.............

And then when we've got some ideas going, can anyone set up a poll so we can all vote and see what evryone wants?

Maybe we have someone in marketing that has great selling points?

Lets get the theme sorted or ANY other ideas you want to get across or join in with.

I'll keep this updated.

Patrick

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

How fab Pat!!!  At my mum's this weekend, so not going to be onine much.  Will think about it over the weekend though and post some idea's.  My initial thoughts are to have something different/riske/unique.

Manda