WLE AND SPILT SKIN GRAFT (CONTAINS PHOTOS OF A GRAPHIC NATURE)

• INFECTION

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone

Unfortunately I have another infection. went to gp on thursday after work and he has put me on co-amoxyclav and also metrosa gel for in the wound.

photos 1 is saturday and photo 2 is today

still feeling under the weather and there is pain, redness and heat coming off the wound.

hope everyone is ok....

peter

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

• 28th November

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi evryone... its been a long time since i have posted on here. mayb e its because i have posted more in Melanomates on facebook. The evesham weekend was great meeting up with some fantastic people and new friends.

Here is my leg. it is getting better but i am still sad it has a way to go yet. i am still doing prontosan soaks and then acticoat and some hydrocortisone 1% to hopefully clear up the dermatitis around the…

• Amlodipine

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Went to Lymphoedema clinic wednesday and they have measured me for a new stocking and another appliance to go over the left stocking at an attempt to reduce the lymphoedema around the wound

They are also writing to my GP to ask for an alternative to Amlodipine.

• BORED WITH THE SLOW FINAL HEALING

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone... sorry not posted for a while...

Having been to the hospital to be told that i have gone from 85% healed to only 65% healed i was a bit depressed. I am now back on a dressing regime that worked 2 months ago before getting back to work.

I shower in the morning and then prontosan soak the wound for 10-15 minutes. then moisturise the whole leg with 50/50. then apply a small patch of acticoat to the wound…

• SWAB RESULT 17TH SEPTEMBER

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

not a good result....positive for COLIFORM ANAEROBES AND STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS have been prescribed 3 antibiotics.. CIPROFLOCACIN FLUCLOXACILLIN AND METRONIDAZOLE..also given another 200 co-codomol as i am going through 8 a day and also a box of inodine as this was used at the walk in centre last sunday and seems to be... doing some good in the wound..other than that no problems!!!

have a good weekend

peter