HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE RESULTS OF A SCAN!

Less than one minute read time.

Mum is doing well considering what she has been through and going through.  She went for a scan a week ago and we have heard nothing since then, and as we were told she had 3/6 weeks to live and 4 of these weeks have gone by, surely they would let us know asap what is going on.  If anything with home care Mum seems a lot better she has put on weight and is managing to walk a little, the nurse comes in every day, but is she really as sick as they say, she seems to think she is okay, can anyone please tell me how long it should be to get the results of the scan, I hate all this waiting, many thanks

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Poppyissy

The results of a scan can be reported quite quickly. I had a scan on the Friday and my surgeon had a verbal report on the Monday. The timescale depends on how quickly the consultant radiographer dictates his report and his/her secretary types it. I would give the consultant's secretary a ring and ask if anything has been received yet.

Angela xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Angela I think our consultant is slacking because I have already had words with him but I think I will try and call him yet again to see if I can get any answers. Val thanks for the message xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Poppyissy,

Urgent scan results don't need to take that long.  Phone up your GP and read them the riot act.  Equally if you're mum is under a consultant in a hospital phone them up and don't give up.  You might be best to find out who the report will go back to so you know who to hassle.

I hope you find out what is going on soon.lx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pin thanks for the message you sound so positive and I am begining to run out of steam, I called the GP again this morning and he told me he has still heard nothing.  I will chase up xx