Graphic post Op Photo - Leg after 2 wks 2 days

Less than one minute read time.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Peter,

Sounds like you've had a paricularly bad time of it - both my grafts have taken 1st time and not granulated.  The 1st, 10 years ago was at Wordsley Hospital by Mr Nancarrow - the hospital has since been bull-dozed!  This one was Murrayfields as I have BUPA at work.  It's a private hospital in The Wirrel.  The consultant was Mr Hancock, but he also operates at an NHS hospital in Liverpool. (Can't think of the name - age thing!)

How come you're working 4 days a week - you need signing off?  I am on sick leave so other than when I have to, I have my leg raised.

At least see if you can get a wheelchair - I got mine off the red cross in exchange for a donation.  They even attached a leg support for me.  If you don't rest up it's going to take months. It's a bit strange being wheelchair bound but gets you priority treatment in some places! (Steampacket treated my like a VIP when I got the ferry back home!)

The weight thing will also be a problem, and you can't exercise just now either.  You've probably heard it all before but 1) don't starve yourself.  If you really fancy something, have it, but have less of it than normal. 2) eat breakfast - it starts the metabolism going.  In fact, don't miss any meals - just reduce the portion size. 3) Try not to eat late at night before bed. 4) Snack on healthy things - carrot sticks, celery, apples, sunflower seeds if you can. 5) Tell your friends to buy you flowers instead of chocs for your get well soon gift! It is hard especially if you're down right now with the melanoma - if you want to talk....

Chin up!

CD xx