Ovarian Cancer Raising Awareness

• Three month check

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The three month check is due on Friday and I have had my blood taken in preparation.  If I do not get the all clear I will be devastated.  Not so much from the treatment point of view but it putting my life on hold.  Already we want to do things but have to wait the results "just in case".  Last year was a constant wait as we went from one medical appointment to the next.  Don't know if it is just me but I would…

• Roll on the holidays

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I should be feeling on top of the world with holidays coming up but I am not.  The chemo brain shows no sign of disappearing - I am feeling constantly fuzzy and is made worse when I try to do anything.  I am going in circles my brain doesn't want to think straight.  Cooking is a nightmare and takes so long.  I forget about pans put on and light ovens without remembering to remove the contents.  No accidents but it greatly…

• Remission and ramblings.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's there in black and white on the insurance letter - I am in remission! 

I had been complaining for some months now that I was feeling as though I was walking like a drunk.  Well I collapsed.  I was just stood in a crowd not doing anything and down I went and got stretchered off.  My pulse was racing.

I was sent home with instructions if I didnt feel well not to bother with the doctor but to dial for emergency services…

• CT scan result following chemo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Having been told I had a nodule in my stomach following the CT scan I was alarmed as nothing had been mentioned previously.  It is 13mm and could be scar tissue.  It has not got larger since the chemo.  There is another the same size in the skin of the bowel and I am told it is not in the bowel.  My Ca125 results are good  - down to 8.8 and 30 is normal.  I am told the Ca125 blood test will also monitor the one outside the…

• Absolutely bewildered and in shock

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went for the results of my CT scan to be told there was a nodule still and I would be monitored.  I saw the large melon size one on the right hand side and another about the size of a penny on the left hand side when they were doing my ultra sound scan.   I understood both ovaries and tubes were being taken out........................... so where is this nodule.  Why didnt they take it out when they had me on the operating…