Ovarian Cancer Raising Awareness

• Fund raising

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The government destroys wines, cigarettes etc that people have not paid duty on.  This is stupidity.  They should allow charities to pay the duty and sell the goods to raise money.  The government too would benefit by receiving the tax.  Is this too simple, or am I missing something.

• Chemo Brain

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Fourth chemo.  Came home and cooked dinner.  What should have taken half an hour took nearly two hours as I went round in circles.  Chemo is going well - just hope this feeling of being completely drunk goes.  Mind you it is a cheap way.  

Feeling positive though very hot.

• Side effects catching up

FormerMember
    FormerMember

From going through chemo fairly smoothly I am now walking around like a drunk, dropping things and feeling very unsteady and depressed.  My memory is terrible and I cannot hold things as before as my hands cramp up and the hand looks as though it has got arthritis in it.  Had a bad reaction to the last lot of chemo and I am wondering if this has been the cause.

Still only one more chemo to go and then a scan a week after…

• Sixth of Six Chemo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sixth chemo over - great.  Again it was a couple hours late starting with long delays inbetween.  Noted that actual nurse time was 15 minutes but they were rushing around at chemo treatment was two hours late arriving and they were short staffed.  Have used work study experience to suggest a new system, which if I am right in thinking where the delay is being caused will help both patients and the poor nurses.

After the…

• Roll on the holidays

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I should be feeling on top of the world with holidays coming up but I am not.  The chemo brain shows no sign of disappearing - I am feeling constantly fuzzy and is made worse when I try to do anything.  I am going in circles my brain doesn't want to think straight.  Cooking is a nightmare and takes so long.  I forget about pans put on and light ovens without remembering to remove the contents.  No accidents but it greatly…