Ovarian Cancer Raising Awareness

• Pampering, Comfort and De-stress

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    My DH is still poorly.  Had another restless night – not helped by having the bed sheet pulled off as he tried to wrap himself up like an Egyptian mummy.  I will put on the king size sheets to allow for tossing and turning.

I was stroking his head, shoulder and back and he gave off little pop pop sounds in his sleep.  This I find comforting for both of us.  I found it brought down his blood pressure to the extent…
  • Chemo Brain

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Fourth chemo.  Came home and cooked dinner.  What should have taken half an hour took nearly two hours as I went round in circles.  Chemo is going well - just hope this feeling of being completely drunk goes.  Mind you it is a cheap way.  

Feeling positive though very hot.

• Remission and ramblings.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's there in black and white on the insurance letter - I am in remission! 

I had been complaining for some months now that I was feeling as though I was walking like a drunk.  Well I collapsed.  I was just stood in a crowd not doing anything and down I went and got stretchered off.  My pulse was racing.

I was sent home with instructions if I didnt feel well not to bother with the doctor but to dial for emergency services…

• CT scan result following chemo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Having been told I had a nodule in my stomach following the CT scan I was alarmed as nothing had been mentioned previously.  It is 13mm and could be scar tissue.  It has not got larger since the chemo.  There is another the same size in the skin of the bowel and I am told it is not in the bowel.  My Ca125 results are good  - down to 8.8 and 30 is normal.  I am told the Ca125 blood test will also monitor the one outside the…

• Absolutely bewildered and in shock

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went for the results of my CT scan to be told there was a nodule still and I would be monitored.  I saw the large melon size one on the right hand side and another about the size of a penny on the left hand side when they were doing my ultra sound scan.   I understood both ovaries and tubes were being taken out........................... so where is this nodule.  Why didnt they take it out when they had me on the operating…