Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Life after caring for someone with cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The final piece of advice we have about caring for someone with cancer is about life after caring.

This advice has been written by other carers of people with cancer and has been taken from our booklet Hello, and how are you? A guide for carers, by carers.  

You can download the full booklet and find out more about how Macmillan can help carers. You can also join our carers group to connect with other carers and to share…

• New financial information available

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello all,

Hope you had a good New Year and festive break.

I just wanted to let you know about some new information that's available on the Macmillan site about financial issues

Cancer can have an effect on your finances and at this time of year money matters might be even more important to you. Financial issues can cause extra worries when someone becomes ill. 

We've added lots of information to our financial…

• Cancer information development – meet the team

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello! And thanks for visiting our blog, which we’ll use to give you regular, high-quality information about cancer. We hope you find it useful.

Upcoming blogs will be about keeping physically active, support for relatives and friends of people with cancer, information for young people and the issues that older people affected by cancer may face. We’ll be posting every couple of weeks, so please let us know if…

• Staying active during 2012

FormerMember
    FormerMember

You may not be a sports fan, but most of us have watched an Olympic event over the last few weeks. Here at Macmillan, we’ve even been inspired to host a very enthusiastic and very green Sports Day!

Physical activity can be a great way to let off steam, keep fit and have fun. But if you are living with cancer, exercise can be a worrying thought – What if it’s dangerous? What if my cancer is advanced? What if I…

• Are you a relative or friend of someone with cancer? Not sure how to support them? Look no further...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Macmillan is here to support – everyone affected by cancer. We’re guessing you know that already, right? But did you also know that we really do mean everyone – not just those living with cancer? If you’re a family member or friend of someone with cancer, we’re here to support you too.

Where do I start?

As much as you want to help your relative or friend, you may not know what to say…