Kezzerbird.....Little devil am I !!!!

2 minute read time.

Well I really managed to strain myself and went out to the club with my daughter last Saturday. 7.30 came and that is when my body tells me to crash out on the sofa with my dog and chill but I made myself get ready to go and swing my pants at the nightclub and I even had a drink, I tell you, there is no stopping me!!!!! As usual I was kissed and cuddled most of the night and my doorcrew were very pleased to see me, all I got was when was I going back to work (Oh I wish) and of course those words that drive me crazy "You look so well, has it gone?" or "You will beat it" Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! The next day I even cooked myself a roast but after that I was fit for nothing!!!! I walk my dog everyday and on Wednesday I found some woods close to where I live and we went on an adventure trouble is I couldn't find an exit so out  from a hedge I staggered covered in leafs and twigs, very becoming!!!! Yesterday my mate of nearly 40 years turned up and he took me and the dog down to the woods where I used to power walk 4 times a week, we walked several miles and he held my hand thoughout which was nice but this guy who used to be a Hells Angel has been a big part of my life, there has never been anything between us except close friends and we love eachother dearly as friends, bless him he loves to hold me and gets upset because he knows he will loose me at some point but that is another special memory we have. Karl my son moved out to be with his girlfriend which is fine so now it is me Mrs Dolittle and all the animals, I do get lonely sometimes and wish I had that someone special in my life but that isn't to be after Kev, I don't regret throwing him out because my cancer was too much for him to bare but this is not a time you want to be alone but hey ho I like me and I love my animals so that will have to do. I hope to go body boarding again soon before it gets too cold and I have decided to have a bash at this steep hill which has stopped me doing my favourite walk and if I do that I shall be some chuffed with myself. I am feeling really well at the moment and will be seeing my onc on the 15th so I have to see what he says and just keep going. Right guys I need a bucket of tea. Love and hugs to all....Carol x

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Carol, its lovely to read about you again, you are one determined girl - I can imagine you emerging from that hedge!  Sorry I have a strange sense of humour.  I get angry when people say I look great as well, but wonder whether they are just trying to find something to say as they are maybe unsure of us 'mac' people.  Anyway, just wanted to know you are okay and keep on walking girl.  I had to have my dog (Badger a jack russell terror) put down as he had cancer, he was only 9.  That was in July and I miss him so much.  Animals do give us so much unconditional love.  I've also gained a hefty chunk of weight since not walking him every day so, as soon as I've had my reconstruction - new dog here I come.  Keep on rocking girl, Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol -fantastic- an inspiration. Animals are such a source of support we don't know where we'd be at the mo without our old and eccentric dog buster ( and the fox that prowls our garden in the early hoyrs waking him and us up).

Peterxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So great to hear about your exploits again, you put me to shame! You might have beeen covered in leaves and twigs (would love to have seen that) but glad the hedge is not covered in bits or Kezzerbird.

At the moment my get up and go has got up and gone!

Also see my onc 15th following a CT scan on Tues. Went to GP on Wed (lucky me got a cancellation otherwise would have been next week! or longer for my own doc as she is off on hols) as found a lump in myy neck.He thinks it is a blocked follicle.

Liver is definitely swollen so getting some pain but Solpadol fixes that if it gets too bed.

Appreciate how difficult it can be being on your own, but glad to hear you have the dog to help. Maybe should offer to walk the neighbours but don't want to look like a 67 year old chav (it's a Staffie). Got a hoodie but need the rest of the gear to look authentic.

Keep up the good work.

Hugs

Mike

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Bloody hell Kezzerbabe. Don't do the W word (walk or work or the E word - exercise but then I don't need to - just reading about your exploits is enough execise for anyone. Have had a go at irrigation - not sure I will be able to do it - my bowel keeps running away and twice now I have got four pints of water in and none came out! Then there's the peristalsis - when the bowel is supposed to go into spasm after about twenty minutes. Mine can't wait that long and I am getting poo coming out while the water is still going in. If I had three hands it would be easy but I ahve only got two and it's a nightmare. My dentist wants to charge me £2700 for a bridge to go in the gap where I lost a front tooth - bloddy hell. Got a difficult extraction on Wednesday and I ahve got to get a hearing aid as well. My mate Picko is in a bad way - they stopped his fifth cycle of chemo because it was making him so ill. He has just had a full body scan and will hear next week whether they will continue, reduce the dose, change the chemo or just give up.

Keep smiling

I know you will

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol, sounds like a reunion of us old pals, glad to hear from you all, and that you are ok if a bit lonely, don't forget my 'andsome that Maureen  and I are always here, give us a shout on the "lonely days." Hope to get to God's country one day,

Take care all

Tony xx