Kezzerbird...Could have been worse

1 minute read time.

Hi guys..first of all thank you as always for your incredible support. What a stressful day it has been but the news is ok. My tumours have grown only slightly and so far only my right kidney has been killed off by the cancer but the left one is clear and my other vital organs are safe for now, I also have new tumours but I knew that anyway. They were going to restart treatment but have decided that my body can't take it right now seeing I have survived so much hard chemos for so long. The plan is now to let me rest and regain strength both mentally and physically and be checked every month by bloods and how I feel, I must say that I am happy with this  and now all I have to do is try and pick myself upoff the floor and slowly find some energy and carry on reaching for those goals that I made. I do feel like a train has hit me at the moment but I am glad to be able to say that to you guys and know that it is ok to feel that way. You guys have given me so much strength over the last 3 years and even though most of us will never meet, you guys are the best friends I have ever had and are very important to me and I will be there for you as long as I can. The only thing today that has been upsetting is that Kev my ex who is riddled with guilt will not leave me alone and I have made it clear that it is too late and has thrown up the past to my daughter of something that happened when she was 14, she is now 31 and the best daughter I could wish for, he comes on this site, I don't need or want anymore stress from anywhere, I want to enjoy what is  the rest of my life in peace so this needs to stop. Right my friends I need to go and lay down and unwind. It is the start of a new day tomorrow and time for some Kezzerbird arse kicking to start. Thank you guys so very much....love Carol xx

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for sharing Your news, You know Your body and it seems like your wishes are being taken into consideration - I know You will fight the good fight - but do take time out for some  'Me Time' and maybe a bit of self-pampering. Take Care Please

Love and Hugs

J xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Pleased to see it's not as bad as you feared it might have been. Take that well earned and much need break, rest well and getting strong enough to start the fight over again.

Just remember, we're all behind you Carol and always will be.

Much love, Christine xx

• Hiya pleased to hear its not too bad, you had us worried, just a little bit, as you often say quality not quantity so recharge and have yourself a bit of quality.

Hope others respect your wishes too and you get back to achieving your goals, now come on tell us what is next on the list.

Oh and remember you still have to take part in the Drew Olympics so get some training in, only thing is this chemo brain cannot remember what we laughed about last year.

take care get strong live long

john x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ive been thinking of you today Carol, ive only just managed to get on line to see how you are. Im so pleased for you and really glad to hear that you can have a break from your chemo...sounds like you need to have some good rest and be kind to yourself. I really hope Kev can find it in his heart to give you some space and some peace to regain your energy

(((((hugs)))))) xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol, you were in my thoughts today and I'm so glad that you are ok with the info you got.  I really hope Kev will back off and give you the peace you need to rest and recharge.  Take care of yourself hun.  Love and hugs Caroline XX