Kate2003's blog

• Update

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    For various reasons I haven't been on the site much recently. However, I thought that those of you who remember me might like to know that I've just had my first 3 month check-up, and have been told that I still have no evidence of disease and can consider myself in remission now. Obviously I'm absolutely delighted, and can't thank all my online friends enough for their love and support over the past year. You are all…
  • More New Year wishes

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Yet more good wishes for a very happy and healthy New Year I always feel slightly nostalgic at the end of the year and, surprisingly enough, 2008 will not be an exception. In a lot of ways it's been a horrid year . . . but I've had worse, simply because this year it's all been about me, so I've felt more in control. The year that I lost both my husband and my mother was much worse, because there was absolutely nothing…
  • Best Christmas Present

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well - I've had my best Christmas present ever. My scan results have come through, and they're everything I could have hoped for - the lesions on my liver are no longer visible, and I have 'almost complete resolution' of the tumours in my abdomen. I'm seeing the oncologist on Tuesday to discuss what happens next, but at the moment I'm just euphoric. Thanks for all your love and support, my dear friends - I don't know…
  • Christmas cake - Bingle Jells !!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    This is the best recipe ever, so I thought I would share it with you. Ingredients: 2 cups flour, 1 stick butter, 1 cup of water, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 cup of sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup of brown sugar, Lemon juice, 4 large eggs, Nuts, 2 cups of dried fruit , 1 bottle wine Sample the wine to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the wine again. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and…
  • All done now

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well, the next milestone has eventually been reached, and yesterday I had my final session of chemo! After all the traumas round my fifth cycle – five attempts before finally being able to have my infusion – I was very optimistic when I arrived at the hospital yesterday morning. As my bloods have been all over the place, I had had to have two blood tests this week,and the oncologist had also given me an extra week,…