feeling sorry for myself , ,, and thats not like me :(

2 minute read time.

Where do i start, ive wanted to blog for a while but didnt know what to say, well i think its the only way ill be able to explain how im feeling, and no one else understands except you lovely people in macland,

I will start by saying , i may say im ok when asked ,but of course im not , what a bloody stupid question ! i personally think im doing really well considering ,so does my mac counsellor, some days are harder than others and their is not a minute when i dont have a physical pain in my heart from missing ju so much, and i know hes here with me , he gave me another sign yesterday,but i so miss the intamacy, the holding hands and the hugs , i even said to my oldest daughter the other day how much i missed ju and she seemed so surprised that i wasnt ok, but kids have their own lives and friends , i dont want to burden them ,, i had a horrible moment this morning , i sat in ju,s chair just to pick something up, and when i looked up ,the day he died just all flooded back to my mind ,and i could just see him lying their again, i have tried my hardest to not think about it, by putting photos everywhere , and trying to have happy thoughts and memories , maybe ive tried to hard as one night when i couldnt sleep all i could think of then were ju,s last few days , which werent very nice, speaking of sleeping i am getting some sleep but not much, i go off ok and then keep waking up after a few hours, i still feel exausted and someone asked the other day when i was going back to work, i felt like shouting at them to give me a break and some time to grieve,i will go back ,when it feels right, i am keeping my eyes open for a job with macmillan ,as i feel i could do so much good with my skills and now sadly my experiance, and i still have my job, but i dont think after the way they treated me i want to go back anyway,

anyway on a lighter note, Mother in law from hell has now not spoken to me since funeral :), went to buy a lawn mower today as ju always did all that , he wouldnt let me touch his garden :), so bought a light electric one , came home put it together, ready to wreck ju,s perfect lawn , luckily his dad then turned up and bless him mowed it for me ,so i will save it for next week , i have never mowed a lawn in my life , so will be intresting ,poor ju, will be having kittens watching me, i also bought some lovely pink gardening gloves as i always said to ju i dont get my hands dirty :),,, well i managed to end on a happy note , i am trying my best but sometimes you just cant stop the thoughts and tears :( xxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jenni my lovely sweet caring girl, if only we could make your pain easier, but we can't, we can listen and give you support but you are grieving for Ju and as far as feeling sorry for yourself, why shouldn't you. Time my love,memories never die. I send you all the love I have and all the hugs you want......love Carol x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

jenni big (((hug)))

years ago my next door neighbour and dearest friend lost her husband (hit and run accident)

she always went about make-up dressed lovely

a painted smile !! after a few months she was ill had to see the doc - he said she had to stop hiding her grief ......that the victorians had the right idea - when the wore black for a year

im not saying do that - but when peeps say how are you - tell them honestly - dont pretend to be ok

you are grieving and that is normal

i wish i could hug you and take some of your hurt away

much love xNx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jenni.  Don't be so hard on yourself!  My mum lost my lovely dad 27 years ago when she was just 47.  She misses him to this day but as time has passed she has gone from from focussing on the awful memory of the day he died (massive heart attack in the living room) to remembering the wonderful times they had together.  It took her a lot of time to come to terms with it as she felt she had lost a part of herself.  

It sounds to me as if you are doing brilliantly.  It is very early days and everything must be very raw. You need time to grieve.  That is perfectly normal.  Don't bottle anything up, let it out and give yourself a chance to heal.

My heart goes out to you at this difficult time.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Keep blogging, rant, rave etc.  You can say what you want on here and we are all here for you.  Caroline XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jenni I don't have any wise word of wisdom for you as I feel exactly the same as you. Bert has been gone 6 weeks and it feels like 6 years, Not coping as well as I thought I would and that makes me feel as if I am letting Bert down.  

Have not blogged for ages and just feel so alone even when there are people all around meTake care look after yourself

Love Teri

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jenni and Teri - just be good to yourselves.  There are no time limits and no rules.  Whatever you are feeling is ok.  6 weeks is so short a time Teri, I am heading to the 6 month anniversary and I miss him so much.  Don't feel you are letting anyone down, just go one day at a time and try not to be hard on yourself.  Those awful images do fade eventually, it does take time and time does make a difference.  

I don't have any magic solution but just know that we all are on here for you.

love Bren