feeling so sad,

2 minute read time.

well ive had an awful weekend , i had my first *good day * on friday ,i went out with friends for the day and had a really nice time , one even commented on how nice it was to see me smiling, but ever since ive been feeling so low and the tears .well its never ending ,i feel like i did the first day ju died , so lost and lonely ,i keep remembering those last two days again, i just want to curl up in a ball and cry which isnt like me , i thought time was meant to help but i feel worse ,friends and family expect me to be ok now, but im not, i miss ju so much ,even my bfriend upset me yesterday as was moaning about her hubby and i just had no patience with her, ive been invited out to a football dinner and said no but friends couldnt understand why i wouldnt want to go without ju ,so i felt id offended them but i dont want to go ,so they wont invite me to anything again,

i went to dr this morning and found myself telling him im *ok* , but up and down , he offered me sleeping tabs again but i said no, and no i dont need antidepressants either ,not that he offered he knows ill ask if i want them, then had to go to solicitor to sign my will , i need to know our kids will be looked after, but its all so hard, and no im still not ready to go back to work, i work on a very busy dementia unit and need to concentrate or all hell can break loose , im am looking for another job, but for now dont feel ready, im still so tired, but i am getting on with the garden slowly ,with lots of help ,and im so pleased as planted some lovely sweet peas, for ju, who i called sweet pea and he swore he didnt like it but he really did towards the end , im sorry to sound so low ,its not like me and i am trying to take advice and not be so hard on myself , but thats just me im afraid . i just keep thinking of what ju said just before he died , he said one day i will be happy again, well sadly i think thats a long way off yet , but i am trying sweet pea xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jenni

Im there with you on this ,its been almost 8 months since kev passed i thought it was going too smoothly ,well its come back been crying for a few days now ,just like the day he died ,starting to get silly thoughts again ,cant get them last few days out off my head ,the pain,the suffering ,and i hate this life without him ,missing him more each day x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I don't think your friends think that you are ok Jenni, but what can they say and do to make you feel better, the trouble is my lovely, that life goes on for others, the world doesn't stop turning. If we knew how Jenni, we would take your pain away. It is early days love, it is not the same, I know, but  I bet Ju is smiling down on you, you loved eachother, nothing can ever take that from you.....love Carol x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jenni

I haven't been on this post for ages, but just picked up on your tag and all the wonderful replies to it.

I am counting the days off too, It will be 8 months since my darling Mike died on the 27th of May - to me it feels so much longer as each day, as you all well know, is a mountain to climb.  Its like clawing your way up and tumbling down, how could anyone know who hasn't experienced, the enormity of it all.  

I try to chase my tail every day.  Thank goodness I have had part time work to concentrate on for 4 hrs, 4 days a week, which really helped however, that is now coming to an end as I have been made redundant after 7 years of working there.  The only reason being that the Firm is no longer able to carry on.

So here am I today, May 19th nearly 8 months on, I lost my darling husband of 42 years, lost my darling dog to illness 5 month's later and now my job.  But before you all say "oh what on earth is she going to do now", I am trying so hard now I'm going to do voluntary work and try to help others worse off than myself.  If I don't do something, I'll be putting my head under the pillow and never getting out of bed in the morning.  I hope and pray this new venture will help.  Will keep you all posted.

Anyway hope to hear from some of you its lovely to keep in touch with those who full well know what we are all going through.

Hugs to you all out there

Susanah xxx