Too young for this

1 minute read time.

I am very very worried about having advanced stages of Prostate Cancer that hasn’t been diagnosed yet. I am only 35 Years old and have two beautiful little children ages 4 and 7 as well as a gorgeous wife. I Know the statistical likelihood of me having this awful disease is very slim but given my symptoms I am petrified.

I first went to the GP complaining of Backache about four weeks age and he gave me anti-immflamatories and pain killers. I have had a bad back for months now and it just hasn’t improved.  

Seven days ago I started having some serious urination issues both at night and during the day. I would go to the toilet and almost immediately after I would need to go again. I am off my food, losing weight and feeling nauseous. I can’t sleep for any length of time and so I went back to the GP five days ago and she checked my urine (no infection) Blood Pressure (OK)  and sent for some routine Blood tests (all came back OK).

Backache, and urination symptoms continued all last weekend so I went back to the GP and she examined my Prostate. She was really concerned about the enlarged size of it in someone my age. She sent for a PSA blood test which I haven’t had back yet .

I now have an appointment to see a Urologist on Thursday. Meanwhile I have developed a feeling of Sciatica in both legs and have continuing back pain in my lower spine and hips. I am petrified as all my symptoms point towards Advanced secondary Prostate Cancer and the only thing in my favour is the statistically anomaly that I would become.

Time until I see the Urologist is passing so slowly. Hoping and Praying

IainP

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Iain,

Dont get yourself uptight just yet. Wait until you get your test results. All the best and Good Luck.

Take care and be safe Sarsfield.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Iain, Waiting is the worst isn.t it,keep calm and good luck   Best wishes   Sue x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Iain,

Time does pass slowly when you are waiting for test results but try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know). I hope that what some of the guys have said has reassured you, even if the outcome is prostate cancer. However, I will keep everything crossed that it is a less serious diagnosis

and wish you the very best of luck.

Take care,

Best wishes,

lizzie xx