Just sad

1 minute read time.
This is my first blog so it probably wont be very good/interesting as my thoughts never materialise well onto ''paper'' but always sound good in my head. Like I said in the title I am just sad today. I keep thinking about what is happening to me and why and then thinking about my children and worrying about them and its all just alot to think about! My daughter who is 5 reminded me that I said she could have my wedding dress when she gets married. (Its a beautiful dress and she loves it, but shes a beautiful girl so they go together.) I said she can have my wedding ring, tiara and veil too if she likes and she then went on to say she will straighten her hair. It hit me that I wont be there to see that day, her looking stunning and happy like I did on my wedding day (happy I mean, I'm not that vain). I am positive about whats to come and the treatment but how much can I realistically expect?? I dont want to leave them and that is what hurts so much I just dont think it really sunk in until today.
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sweetie.

I saw you wedding photo and read your blog then looked at your profile and cried.

What a cruel cruel world.

I dont know what to say to you but you will always be in my thoughts. Keep positive honey.

Jill D. New Zealand xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I too am in the same boat !! I knew immediately how you were feeling when you thought about your daughter on her wedding day. I have 2 daughters , 14 and soon to be 16 - and they are so beautiful it breaks my heart to think I wont be there to see them on their special day...and as for the worries about what will happen to them after I pass on....its realy hard to imagine isn't it. My daughters have caught me a few times with a tear in my eye but they always say (they are horrid teenagers at the minute LOL) 'Oh Mum noooo one gets married these days so dont worry' !! (doesn't help - I just cry harder !!) they are funny sometimes :o)

Send me a PM any time you want to I am on most days.

We all have sad days - it is natural - but it cuts like a knife. I hope you make plenty of wonderful memories and capture them for your children and have fun doing it. None of us know how much time we have but I believe we have to make the most of it whenever we can.

Best wishes , lots of love Jools xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Chrissi, I've just read your post and can fully understand your sadness. You are so young too.  It's just not fair.  Who knows you may well be around to see your wee girl get married, I certainly hope you will be.  Just you fight this bl**dy disease with everything you've got.  Keep us informed of how things are going for you.  Will be thinking of you.  Love, Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I read your blog and like Jill looked at your profile, and like you felt sad -  life isn't fair, you are so young. I don't have children, have fantastic godchildren who I am close to and know how sad I would be not to see them grow up, so I can only imagine how hard it must be.  

Enjoy and cherish every moment with them.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Carol xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I cried when I read your blog. Life can be so cruel sometimes. I too am dreading the prospect of not being there when my princess finds her prince, but for now I am trying to concentrate on having as much fun as possible and building memories for my children that they can cherish. Carry on smiling, just like your profile pic, you look truly stunning!

Claire x