Buzzie

• The Widow Vibe … and some feminist difficulties

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was far from ready to be a widow – in so many ways.   

Let’s think about the word 'widow.' 
     There is the Black Widow. 
    There is the Merry Widow.
    There is the Rich Widow. 
    There are all those witches who are, without doubt, widows too. 

Chekov had a widow who wore her ‘widow’s weeds,’ but still powdered her face – a predatory widow, by implication.   

• There’s not much of a vibe … there is no soup … but we will try and look on the ‘bright side of life.’

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So here we are, The Hounds and I. 

They are barking madly as I write, protecting me from all intruders or, perhaps, waiting for the familiar sound of the car that is going to bring Our Hero home at last.

I feel I owe you one or two more posts – you who have travelled with us for seven months now.    
    I realize that life is going on for you, but I miss your humour and compassion, so will you bear…
  • Drink to Our Hero

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jonathan died this morning at 10.30 am.  

Because he never thought he was going to die - or not for another thirty years, as he frequently pointed out  - we never discussed funerals.  He did say, however, that he wished he had thought of Picasso's last words first which reputedly went something like this:  'Drink for me friends, for I will drink no more.'  

So, raise a glass to Our Hero, who really was the perfect…

• there’s a Vibe in the soup … and there's going radioactive

FormerMember
    FormerMember

There’s a vibe in this soup … and there is going radioactive

We now have so much in the way of pain relieving opiate-type ‘meds’ in Cold Comfort Cottage that we could be doing a brisk trade in the village square to replenish the diminished funds.   So I will not be making any joking ‘asides’ about topping up the poisons of your choice.  (But, go on, if you must!)
    If the blog…

• There’s a Vibe in the soup … and then there are wind chimes, and the nature of anticipatory grief

FormerMember
    FormerMember

There’s a Vibe in the soup … and then there are wind chimes, and the nature of anticipatory grief

I have been thinking a lot about the nature of grief.    Fortunately, since we are not getting out a lot, I am not able to bore anyone out in the ‘real’ world with my thoughts on the subject.  And to whom would I talk?  Everyone loves Our Hero and they are grieving too.
    It was the wind…