Buzzie

• The Widow Vibe: Some questions about an apple tree - and looking for ‘signs’.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I should be writing my formal letter of complaint to the PCT.   I will get there, but it is going to be a long missive, copies of which will be going to at least one interested MP and to my lawyer. 

At the moment I am stuck on the second paragraph. Oh, there is so much to write and every word is very difficult.   

So I thought I would tell you a little story instead. It is a happy story and should bring you…

• The Widow Vibe: And the question of mourning clothes …

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just over thirteen weeks, and I wish I could bring you some cheer.  Not yet, I am afraid.
    How am I feeling?
    It feels like I have been carrying around with me, scrabbling in the pit of my stomach, some wild, hungry creature that threatens, all the time, to tear through, emitting a scream which is beyond language and reason.  It is a demanding and unpredictable creature, this thing that is my grief. 

Oh, I…
  • The Widow Vibe: And the first lessons in how to accept help.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This one is for my Mac friends - who have been a huge support throughout.   

Eight weeks today.  

I have been learning so much. 

I have been learning about jack points in cars and that chivalry is alive and well on road-sides of the UK.

I have learned that alternators can sometimes overcharge and can set the engine on fire.  (Did you know that?)

I have been learning that somehow the dusting used to…

• The Widow Vibe: why you might want to tidy more than the sock drawer; and the trouble with Monica.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

One of the universal truths about human beings – and we are not shy of universal truths here - is that some people are very much better at ‘tidying’ things than others.  

When faced with a major change in life (like a terminal diagnosis) some of us will immediately reach for sock drawer and begin the long task of corralling those maverick socks and reuniting them with their long lost partners…

• The Widow Vibe, the bottle bank, and the question of dignity ...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I’ll start with a little anecdote to give you a taster of the tiny readjustments I am having to make in my new life as a 'widow.'

It was bottle bank time at Cold Comfort Cottage.

It has been bottle bank time for months.

Like many other jobs that involve muscle, going to the bottle bank used to be one of Jonathan’s jobs.

It was, therefore, as a novice ‘bottle-banker’ that…