'Alternative'/'Complimentary'

Less than one minute read time.

Deleted by Buzzie

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

If you read my blog you will see we are in a similar situation. Been through lots of chemo, which wasn't really successful. But also he has had a 2 week course of palliative radiotherapy which has done a great job with the swallowing, although it can only be done once from outside the body, it can be done again from inside the gullet as a one off, then you still have the option of a stent later if needed. We still feel there are options avaliable to us later. Has radio not been offered to you?  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

No radio has been offered - I don't know why - perhaps because of the spread to the liver.   I have to say very little has/is being explained to us and the oncologist was so gloomy - nothing much on offer but the six rounds of chemo.  It was all such a whirl to begin with that we had not a clue about what questions we should be asking.  

Now I must look at your blog!  I have sent a message.  I wish you both well.   Keep in touch.  And thanks again - you have given some other angles to investigate.