'Alternative'/'Complimentary'

Less than one minute read time.

Deleted by Buzzie

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Grace nice to meet you. Just sorry it has to on this site as we all know what we need to be to be a member ,a patient or a carer. Anyway I believe that alternative medicine doe's have a place alongside conventional medicine.I hope you find what you are looking. I have been in your shoes as recent as 3 years, ago now I have my own battle to win. Good luck and lots of love and hugs Julie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hooray!  It is nice to meet you all:  here are a list of the complimentaries we have been trying:  mistletoe, astratgalus,  vitamin K (for the liver - I think), flax-seed oil, acupuncture (but he stopped that quite quickly) and it goes on ...  He even had a lovely man we know who is an  amateur faith healer, who I notice has not been back.  Out of his depth, I think.  I suspect he was a little shocked by how thin and ill my husband looks.    There are, I believe, at least two churches, of two different denominations, putting him into their prayers (I am not a believer, myself - unfortunately.)  We tried the mushrooms very early on - my husband loathed them.  They are sitting in the cupboard, looking sadder and sadder.  We are still doing the mistletoe and I am trying to sneak turmeric into his soup when I can.  I will keep you posted about the PDT - we have made great progress this week and the GP is really on board. And yes, Maureen, you are so right - there is nothing to lose.  I am interested in the Tibetan medicine - one I have not come across ...  

As for helping my stress?  Trying not drink too much wine, taking the dogs for long walks up the hills and plugging myself into a 'teach-yourself ' Italian course in the hopes that we will manage a trip to Florence.  This is particularly helpful in bed - but progress is very slow!

And Debs - I quite agree - say 'Bah' to statistics.  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

And love to you all,  Grace.  xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi grace

yes doctors are not gods and we should not expect them to predict the future. i know its a cliche but take each day as it comes and if you get to florence - hooray.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi to you bmaleus.  Never a truer word was spoken - unfortunately we invest our doctors with the power of gods and are saddened when they are mortal, and fallible, too!

Oh, I do wish you luck.  I hope you have someone who is helping. And here's to all the Florences - all those places we want to go.  xx