3rd dance with germ cell cancer

• Well that was a shock

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Last friday i summond up all my effort and sat in the outpatients waiting room awaiting the results from my latest scan, as per usual the was an hour delay, which never does your nerves one bit of good, i like most people just want to get it over and done with, but like chemo for cancer the waiting to be seen by your consultant is a long drawn out affair.

the opening statement was not what i wanted to hear, "what do you…

• Well that wasnt really worth it

FormerMember
    FormerMember

i decided to ask my local GP if i could see a therapist , after three years of continual cancer and alot of carrot situations where i have been told by a consultant that this step, whether it be chemo, surgery or radiotherapy, yes ive had them all, will finally knock my pesky cancer on tne head, i thought it was about time, as i have really had enough, and its unfair to let my anger show to my wife as she also been though…

• Do i listern to my fears or my doctors?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So here is a question, at the end of January i rolled into the surgeons consultation room, fully expecting him to discuss my forth coming surgery,

instead he informed me it was to be delayed, until maybe the end of april to maximise the surgery in extractin all of my diseased lung tissue, now he a very clever man, and my oncologist agrees with on the basis that they dont wat to open me up to find six weeks later they…

• Maybe because its sunny

FormerMember
    FormerMember

i not sure why, maybe because its spring and the sun is shining new growth is appearing and the doom and gloom of winter has been lifted, but i feel in a better state of mind at the moment and will enjoy the sunshine why i can, maybe im still a candidate for surgery and the skills of mr dusmett will rid me of this disease,maybe i have to back my words up of a year ago and wear a skirt and blouse if inget NE

• Mental torture

FormerMember
    FormerMember

is it me or does anyone else have dark thoughts concerning their treatment and frustration at being ignored by you consultants and treated as if your a pest or nusiance by your clinical nurse if you contact them , i have tne feeling that tne fact that i failed all the treatments they gave me the staff at the marsden would wish i just go way accept their terminal verdict in a months time and leave the. A lone, although…