any one had something similar

Less than one minute read time.
Has anyone else had something similar ! my neighbour says to hubby, whoooo jan doesn't look well at all. so hubby thinks ! i'll mention that shes got thyriod cancer and shes having her third treatment, she used to work at hospital, so she knows abit about it. anyway i come home on thursday, washed my clothes like they say i have to and there on line, now anyother time she'll knock on window and say jan its raining. now its just its raining and i'm thinking to my self have i got two heads or something cant even say my name. all i want is people to be same, say hello have a chat, just be same as always. it's as if all of a sudden they don't know what to say so they don't bother, i'm not different or a least don't think i am.so i've desidered not to talk about it to them. just act like nothings up, it's got me mad. narrow minded people.
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya

I could not agree more with all of you out there.

Friends - its strange people who you thought were not really friends turn out to be  towers of strength and then there are the ones who want the next installment - as if it is some sort of soap on the TV.

I have a couple of friends who think they have to e mail me every single day and tell me a blow by blow, minute by minute of what they have done - I cannot cope with those e mails. Then they will apologise if they have missed a day - and I am thinking whoooopee - sometimes I just canot read them - it is all about themselves. Then I feel guilty.

Take care Love Maralyn x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

and at first it was understandable because we were on the initial trip of biopsies and results and more tests etc. Then it was avoiding me because they were scared of bringing an infection during chemo. Now that I've had six weeks of no treatment and thought ""whoo - I can go out and about now" - well it hasn't really happened. I live 45-60 minutes away from work friends but we got together a couple of weeks ago and they've been in touch throughout and that's been really nice - not in your face and once I said "If you want to know something, ask. If not, don't" everyone kind of relaxed and it's been nice.

My family are at the other end of the country - Mum's been up a couple of times for a week and that's been great. Brother rings up now - again great. The disappointment (and anger for a while) for me has been some of the 'real' friends who live near me - who I would have maybe liked to have seen now and again but it hasn't happened. I've told them I'm OK but I think it's a case of they've kept putting it off and now it's a huge thing for them to get over. I can understand and I've stopped thinking about it really. It's down to them. Sooner or later, we;ll get together and they'll see I haven't got two heads and we'll be fine, lol.

I am glad that I haven't been plagued by any drama queens, Nellie - I couldn't have stood that for long!

x