Life's little hurdles

• What an amazing day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Despite the rain - and there was a lot of it - me and a few hundred others (maybe more) turned up in Winchester for the Race for Life; and it was amazing.  My wonderful husband and kids got kitted out in full wet weather gear to be able to cheer me along.  I ran all but 2 mins and finished (with a sprint) in 34 minutes 23 seconds (a PB by almost 2 mins).  When the going got tough I made a mantra in my head of all my wonderful…

• Post Op - 6 days

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Another milestone on this journey has now been reached as my tumor was removed last Tuesday.  The surgery took a little longer than they'd hoped due to adhesions in some areas; the areas around the the blood vesels were particularly tricky as it began to break apart and it had reached the sciatic nerve too which prolonged things a little.  Certainly my main question at my post op appt tomorrow is whether they actually…

• Should be sleeping - not thinking...!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I often feel guilty browsing the Mac site and wondering if I trully belong here, but have no where else to vent my thoughts and frustations at a condition cancer that isn't a cancer - if that makes any sense - given that the tumor's are agressive and invasive; can recur; but the big plus is that do not spread; and certainly where mine was located, is not life threatening.  So before I proceed I apologise in advance…