Is there anyone out there just like me?

Less than one minute read time.
Not sure how this works but .......... I was diagnosed with Non hodkin low grade in October last year, and also CLL. Have had eight sessions of chemo for the Non H and have just been told that I may be in remission from this although the consultant did not have the report of my CT scan, he just looked at the results on the screen. This is good but apparently now the CLL is causing problems such that I need to have a bone marrow transplant. Looking on the internet and reading the booklet that I was given is enough to make you go to bed and not get up for a while but I daresay it's not as bad as all that. So, is there any one out there who has a similar diagnosis of two cancers? Failing that is there someone who has had a bone marrow transplant who could at least give me some first hand info. ps. What is a blog? Take care Pennyv
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone,

I'm not an expert on this as I have cml but a friend has cll and isn't even being treated, just goes for a blood test every 3 months. They reckon it's a very slow acting type of leukamia. So that doesn't tally with what you guys are saying. Best to ask the Macmillan nurse on this site I think. The C stands for chronic - which means it's an ongoing disease that can't be cured. But it doesn't mean to say it can't be kept under control. Ask the doc. Always ask questions.

PennyV - blog is short for weblog and is just a diary entry or a rant or a ramble as you see us all doing. But I looked at your tags and, sweetheart, you're supposed to pick out the cancer you have! I know you've got two, but don' be greedy and hog the lot!

Tes - you're in a state aren't you my love? It's all very well for me to sit here and tell you to calm down but you really must make the effort. You'll be no use to your lovely husband if you make yourself ill. Take Rwth's advice. Get him up, shaved and dressed and get out of the house, both of you. It will take your minds off it all. Where there's life there's hope so just get through one day at a time and try to have a little fun along the way. Have you got family or close friends you can dump all your woes on and have a bloody good cry with? If not, you know you have us lot. There'll always be somebody here to listen.

Best wishes, Shelagh