CT scan result following chemo

Less than one minute read time.

Having been told I had a nodule in my stomach following the CT scan I was alarmed as nothing had been mentioned previously.  It is 13mm and could be scar tissue.  It has not got larger since the chemo.  There is another the same size in the skin of the bowel and I am told it is not in the bowel.  My Ca125 results are good  - down to 8.8 and 30 is normal.  I am told the Ca125 blood test will also monitor the one outside the bowel.

My blood will be tested a week before my next appointment and a follow up scan - so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

In the meantime my Mac nurse is going to get the doctor to confirm on my medical record that he considers me fit to travel.  Some insurance companies request this information.  Now all I can do is try and remember which company I was looking up when searching for holiday insurance!

Eyes are still not right from cataract operation. but it is early days.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan, Hope your eyes are getting better,and pleased to here you got some answers so hopefully you won't be worrying as much. Have a brill holiday,where are you going somewhere sunny!!

Best wishes   Sue xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi jan,  Glad you got an explanation, and good news about your CA125.  Hope mine is that low in 2 weeks time!!  Have a wonderful holiday and forget about worring until you get home.  (i know it's easier said than done).

I hope you are going somewhere warm and sunny, and won't need the insurance.  I gave up trying to get mine last year and went without it!

Love n hugs

Viv