Absolutely bewildered and in shock

Less than one minute read time.

Went for the results of my CT scan to be told there was a nodule still and I would be monitored.  I saw the large melon size one on the right hand side and another about the size of a penny on the left hand side when they were doing my ultra sound scan.   I understood both ovaries and tubes were being taken out........................... so where is this nodule.  Why didnt they take it out when they had me on the operating table.

I am completely shocked and bewildered.  They weren't going to give me the last chemo so I took this as a sure sign that all was well.  I have to go for a blood test in January.  Now I will be worried all the time about this nodule - why couldnt they have taken it our!

Why wasn't I told about this nodule.  I was offered Carboplatin +/- Taxol.  I would definitely have had the Taxol if I had known about the nodule.  The oncologist recommended just the Carboplatin as there was no sign of spreading or cancer cells in the wash.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Definately ask questions. Hope you get some good answers.

T

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Jan,

I can understand your shock at this latest news but can only echo what others have said, that you need to get answers now. This is for your own peace of mind as you can't possibly wait until January .You are a strong lady and I know you will act to get the information you need.

Keep in touch,

Take care,

Love lizzie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

so sorry to hear that solent. you must ring up and find out more.You cannot go on till january.

Take care Teresa xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan,

Why can't doctors realise that it is our life they are talking about, and not knowing makes you feel so insecure that it makes things worse.  Doctors seem to have no idea how long 3 months can seem when you don't know.  Please ask the cancer nurse to find out what he meant, and how it will affect you.  Good Luck

Love n hugs

Viv