oesophagus stent or stretch? please help with any info also coping mechanisms please as tearful wreck thanks xx

Less than one minute read time.
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows anything or has had any good or bad experiences with either a stent or having oesophagus stretched? my dads deteriating fast, he isn't on treatment anymore as he is terminal so there just looking at keeping him comfy and as his food has started to get stuck again they have mentioned stretching his gullet first and then a couple of weeks later putting a stent in place? he has lost 4 pounds this week, he is an awful colour and I can't get my head around how quick all this is happening, from the unknown and being fit to this has taken 8 weeks, thankyou all I am hoping someone can help me find my positive mental attitude or at least give me some tips on coping thanks again Tracy xx
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My husband has had his gullet stretched twice, a fairly simple procedure and in his case very successful - but he was not at a stage were he needed a stent, just that food got stuck occasionally.  I have no experience of stents but have read a lot of discontent stories on here about them although I do realise sometimes they are the only option.