About us

Less than one minute read time.
my name is Jodie and my beautiful mum has been diagnosed with terminal Lung cancer. It has spread but to what extent were not sure the main tumour is in her right lung and we know it's in her lymph nodes above her left collarbone. She is having another CT scan next week so we may know more then. She also starts chemo therapy on Monday 3 or 4 sessions 3 weeks apart. She has youth on her side (she is 54 and loves the fact that the doctors keep telling her she's young) and she is fit and well so she's got a lot in her favour and the moment. This blog will be my diary, of how her treatment is going and how we as a family are feeling and coping with it because although it's mum's cancer and her mortality in question it's hit us all pretty hard as we are a really close family. In some we I'm hoping that this will help me cope and keep me sane and if someone reads it and it helps then great. But it's really my therapy
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi my name is lynn and my dad has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.All started 20 years ago when he had bowel cancer and a 1/4 of his bowel removed. No treatment afterwards and all seemed well. Last year after having tests they found a tumour in his lung.Operation was given and part of his lung removed and the lymph nodes nearby. Hes had scans every 3 months and had been given the all clear.(last scan in March 15).8 weeks ago he was struggling with his breathing and had heart palpitations and was admitted bk to hospital.He suffered a cardiac arrest and thankfully fought through it with days in itu. Only for the consultant to tell us the cancer was around his heart and in his lymph nodes above his lung. We are devasted.Hes feels life has cheated him and is very bitter and angry.Not sure if this is normal. X