Mixed news

Less than one minute read time.

We've had good news. It seems my dads kidney cancer isn't back. But the pain he's been getting in his hips isn't good news. We thought it was arthritis and that he would need a hip op but the scan was clear. There was no wear and tear on his hip. The consultant thinks its bone cancer. He has to go for a blood test tomorrow.

I feel numb and don't know what to think at the moment. My mum is distraught. I'm trying to reassure her that we don't know for definite but it's hard. I guess we just have to wait which is one of the hardest things about cancer.

Anonymous
  • Thank you all for your messages, they brought tears to my eyes. My dad has had a blood test which according to the doctor "looks promising". He goes for his bone scan tomorrow so again we are still waiting. It's hard because he has convinced himself it is cancer. He's in so much pain especially at night. I've just been to see him and he's already talking about if the worst happens he wants to go on a big family holiday before. You don't know what to say because you want to be positive but he's trying to prepare us. Hopefully we should hear something soon. Thank you once again for all your support. I will update once i know xx