Kezzerbird....I gently woke from slumber and!

2 minute read time.

I was 3.40 in the morning, I gently woke from a peaceful slumber to the sounds of my cat purring on the bed beside me, I reached down to stroke it and suddenly realized I DON'T OWN A CAT!!!!!

It was Henry, my faithful stoma bag, grumbling away working on that Vindaloo I had for my tea DOH!...............I went into hospital Friday night for treatment and even though I didn't get my needed PICC line, Terri who is the ward sister managed to fine a vein and put in a cannula with ease (bless her). Fluids started at 9pm, they finished at 9 the following morning, followed by chemo and all the other fluids, I managed to escape after 17 and a half hours of treatment. I spent the night on the male ward with four grumpy old Cornish men who talked about manly things alot, they did speak to me too I might add. The one chap John had his curtain pulled across and didn't see me but the nurse told him that he would have to behave now, because there was a young lady in the next bed to him, (Me young and a lady!) I poked my head around the curtain and said hi and told him I wasn't a young lady, he looked at me and said "You'll do, I have seen worse!" coming from a Cornishman, that was actually a compliment! I laughed to myself when they were talking, if only they knew what I did for a living eh! (For those who don't know....Head  bouncer in a nightclub!)

So that is chemo two done and I am keeping the sickness at bay, thankfully, my treatment is quite harsh but so far it is easy to the last time but I am dealing with one cancer now instead of five, so I am back in again on Wednesday for my Picc line to be fitted and then in next weekend for treatment followed by a CT scan (in theory) to see if treatment is working, followed by 3 more of the same treatment, unless this isn't working, then who knows! The cancer is in the lining of my stomach and I am finding that it feels like something is going on, the muscles are very tight, it kinda feels like I have hands squashing the tumors, weird really, but saying that, it is probably the Vindaloo working, ah who knows!!!...............Well my lovlies, it is 5 am and I think I might try and go back to bed now, I will check to make sure there isn't a cat on my bed first!!!!.....Love and hugs to those who want them as always....Love Carol x

Anonymous