Kezzerbird.....body boarding again!!!!!!

1 minute read time.

The weather has been glorious today, loads of sunshine in Cornwall, certainly makes a change, it is normally always raining here!!!!  It is on days like today when I actually forget I have cancer and I forget what as happend over 2 and a half years. Luckily, I am feeling extremely well but then chemo was only two days ago and the sickness hasn't started yet. Well off I went body boarding again with dave my next door neightbour at Polzeath, it was more challanging this time, the waves were a lot bigger and stronger, quite a few times I caught the waves just right and set off like a missile almost ending up in the carpark, it was great and still no great white shark up on the cliff playing a chello!!!!!!! I am kicking myself really, I grew up right by the sea and it has taken me all these years to get back in it again, but it is like I've never been away from it. I'm hooked!!!!!! I still have to master getting out of my wetsuit, it isn't easy you know, I peel it off and when I reach my feet, that is when I have a fight on my hands!!!!! So right at this moment I feel brilliant and totally refreshed, Dave is completely knackered and he is the healthy one out of the two of us and 4 years younger than me!!!! Right my lovelies, I am going to make myself a bucket of tea, have my morphine and watch The Bucket List (great film, I got yesterday) in bed, so love and hugs to those who want them as usual.....Carol xxx

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol

You make me want to give up life here in the inner country (Horsham) and move to Cornwall. You sound like you had a fab time. I hope you feel well today and the weather blesses you with more sunshine! I'm a bit self concious but would love to go body boarding or surfing it is the wet suit that is scaring me though lol. Nutcracker wrote about the wet seal look I think i'd look like a beached whale lol.!

Anyways carry on loving life you are a true inspiration!

All the best

Tiggs Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello carol, thanx 4 the boot :)

you always make me smile you are such an inspiration, keep it up you are winning this battle at the moment just by enjoying life so much , your family and kev must be so proud of you , and i know i sure am , huge hugs jenni xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Speaking to an old mate last night he was telling me that he went to Cornwall last week and bought his fifteen year old son a body board. He and his wife sat on the beach watching him for a coupleof hours and he decided to have a go. His lad was telling him how to get through the waves and he just said "yeah yeah! I know what I am doing." He told me that it nearly crippled him getting through the waves and then he couldn't paddle fast enough to catch a wave.When he finally did he wiped out spectacularly getting thrown up in the air in the process. His son came rushing over and took the board off him saying "You stay on the beach Dad, you're not strong enough to ride these waves." which made him feel rather old. So Kezzerbabe, you have achieved something that a fifty year old roughy toughy ex-miner couldn't. It's making me feel tired just reading about your adventures.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You just show them how it's done! I am a bit envious, but as you probably realized at the weekend..... I don't do cold and wet ha ha ha..... I also live by the sea, but not a chance of getting me in there, I did do a bungee rocket in Ibiza last week, now that was fun, keep it up kezzer mate, what's the worst that can happen??? Lol

Liz xoxoxox

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You deserve every moment of happiness and more!  Lovely to read your blog, as always.  Cathy XXX