Kezzerbird..A phone call from DLA!!!!!!!!

2 minute read time.

Yes the phone rang this morning and this little voice on the phone informed me that I don't need to appeal my case for mobility because my GP sent in the DS1500 form and that I have been granted the full care and mobility for the next three years. Now the Bird has many hidden talents has you know BUT mind reading is not one of them, so I like many others out there with this illness has been worrying myself sick about how to live on sod all and for no reason ARRRRRRGH!!!!! How dare we have cancer and how dare we expect to get back a small amount of what we have paid into the system when others out there sit on their arses and won't work. We are being victimised and this is not acceptable. Now if I had not have kicked up and have left it then I would be getting £19 a week from DLA and it seems that they are banking on really ill people to behave in this manner because it is stress that is not needed along with everything else. This is disgusing behavour and is not on, these prats who make the rules need to walk a week in our shoes, that those of us who can walk and then maybe the right actions would be taken. Oh that feels better for getting that off my chest!!!! Right what else have I been up too, well not a lot. Floyd, one of my blue and gold macaws has been renamed Floydette after laying an egg on the bird room floor, she leaves it sitting on concrete during part of the day and sits on it all night, now buster her mate has trouble getting in his cage for his grub so I think mounting anything might be difficult so I think this egg isn't fertile but I shall leave them to it regarddless!!!! Yesterday one of my mates came and picked me up and I spent 6 hours with her at her home and it was great to be out of my own prison (I mean home) but Oh did I suffer for it, I got home 25 mins before my morphine (12 hour slow release) was due and I was in cronic pain and had to go to bed, another mate turned up who is a big hairy biker and he put me to bed, oh not good but about an hour later and a top up with extra pain relief I started to feel better, bloody cancer but even though I suffered for going out, it was worth it!!!! I shall attempt to find the energy to tidy out my garden shed today, exciting eh!!!! I have my date with my onc next thursday about my scan results and will be starting the next stage of treatment OH JOY, I am still not worrying about that, I know I have more tumours because I can feel them under the skin but what ever, too many things to be doing to worry about that. Right guys I am off to the shead still kicking cancer arse and my own. Love and hugs to those who want them..The bird loving, egg watching, lumpy Kezzer...Carol xxxxx

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done kezzerbabe. Sorry to hear about your pain but great that you are still getting out and about. Strange thing is Picko when he got his diagnosis as terminal (aren't we all!) his Gp must have sent the DS 1500 in straight away because a week later he was on all benefits known to man - and some more. The nurse applied for a blue badge and so did the GP - he got two. Methinks there is a need for some sort of handbook for cancer patients - a sort of Haynes manual because the knowledge necessary is well hidden yet some people seem to sail through it all with no problems yet others didn't. I couldn't get anything because I wasn't working, not even a blue badge when I couldn't walk ten yards cause of radiation burns up my derriere.

When the male of our two lovebirds died the female on continued laying eggs until she suffled off the mortal coil but good luck with yours!

Enjoy the sunshine. Stuff the shed. You know it makes sense.

Our puppy has taken up gardening and I have had to sit her down and give her a damn good talking to. I bought a load of plants and she has pulled them all up and eaten them. Definately NOT a Alan Titchmarsh! I don't think she has listened much. I took her to disobedience class and there was a Doberman and a Rottweiler there and she picked on both of them - she is a Jack Russle/Dacshund cross and is only four inches high - what an attitude. Reminds me of someone.........

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

No-one tells you about these damn things, and I, too, have felt that it is a case of how dare I get ill!!! I have worked through the last 18 months, trying to keep an income coming in, as my outgoings are still there whether I have cancer or not. Its bloody hard work, and only six weeks ago did I gather I qualified for some financial help. I waited all this time, and rang the Mac nurse three times last week and again on Monday - to find she had forgotten all about it and hadnt even got the forms ready. Nothing. She has sent them now - to  wait for it. . .  "Mr Alison Harrison"  rather than  the Mrs Alison Harris that I have been for the last 13 years. I am struggling to work, and thank God my employers are patient with me, and thank God I have been at my present place for over ten years and in the job for 17, so I am pretty ok at it and worth trying to keep. But no-one told me any of this until six weeks ago. Makes me so mad, especially when my sister in law at aged 48 has never had a job in her life, but claims this that and the other benefits from a system that I have never even touched. She knows her way round it thoroughly. Drives me MAD!!!!! God Kezzer, look what you've started me off now! Good luck with the Onc appt, and the shed - not sure which has more priority - probably the shed!!

All love, and damn the system,

Ali   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mister!!!!!)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

The system is only known by those (not all) lazy b*****ds who will not work and have taken the urine out of the system which effects those who need it, we have them to thank for that. I would like the mac site to find out what we are entitled too without having to find out by other means and it would be nice to enable certain people to be able to fight our corner for us. I have Barri who works for CAB and Mac and she is great, we don't need this extra worry. I thought I may have to stop my treatment which is only going to maybe buy me some more time, go back to work tanked up on pain relief so I could somehow pay my mortgage and my bill, thankfully I have no debts and die alot sooner than I have too. What about those who can't speak up and fight for themselves, I hope this Mac campaign will make a difference. I even phoned The Jeremy Kyle show, seeing as he always kicks off at people who won't work but I have heard nothing back from there yet, if I have the chance to go on there and inform the public of what crap we have to go through I will xx

• Oh sweetheart, you don't need any of this crap! Jeremy Kyle is missing a trick if he doesn't set you against the lazy git scroungers who milk the system.

Cyber hugs,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol, I am so glad you have got it all sorted.  They should have known better than to mess with you!  Sorry you're in so much pain, keep kicking cancers arse!!!!  Love Caroline XX