Julie Ryan's blog

• Need Your Help Please...

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Does/has anyone out there suffer/is a carer of a sufferer of sleep apnea following surgery? Husband has had esophogectomy and from all I have read, he should be sleeping like a baby pretty much most of the time in this post-op recovery stage!!! However, he can't even sleep at night (sleeping pills are failing him too) and just about catnaps in the day, he is exhausted!!!! Has weird feeling between his shoulder blades…
  • Husband home but Pathology brings it home!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hey Blog Buddies - 1 x 7-hour operation, 1 week in ICU, 1 week on the ward, 1 HIDEOUS first day and night of pain at home, 1 pathology result that was not good news, 1 session of acupunture to 'release energy' trapped by surgery...amazing (good to watch though), 1 infusion cocktail of vitamins and minerals and 2 REALLY GOOD DAYS at home!!! If you asked him would he have the Esophogectomy again? Though not the easiest…
  • He had to be 'Different' didn't He?'

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well, we have always been described as different but this time it wasn't a 'good different'. David was admitted to hospital for his esophogectomy (whip the esophogus (with stage III tumour) out, cut out a bit of stomach and make new gullet with the rest of the stomach by joining it to the remainder of the esophogus at the top) on 31st June. Op on 1st July. We live in Bavaria and hosp is an hour away. They told me…
  • Esophegal Cancer - life post-op

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hey My name is Julie and we are in shock!! My husband David is a fit, healthy, 49 year old soldier, who was posted to beautiful Bavaria last year with the British Army. In March, he was ski touring (tabbing up a mountain then skiing down) and realised that he should not be quite that knackered!!! He has always exercised and realised that being sooo tired could not just down to his age. Anway, he went to our wonderful…