Radiotherapy

1 minute read time.
Just got back from Jimmys and my appointment with the radiographer, after all the fretting over what decision to make and sorting questions to ask she recommended that I have radiotherapy............so that was it decision made and no more pros, cons and the kitchen sink whizzing about in my head! She was really nice, explained everything clearly and told me that she would sort the radiotherapy asap as the gap from finishing chemo was longer than normal at 3 months. She explained that although the PET scan was clear there was still some abnormality and although this was not surprising considering the size of the original tumour it was best to have the radiotherapy to make sure they have got everything. Will have to go next week and get a mask mould done, CT scan and planning and then they will make mask while I am away on holiday and start the radio when I get back, said holiday not a problem (phew!) as it would take 10 days to make the mask anyway. Once started radio will be every weekday for 3 weeks so 15 in all. Although apprehensive about actually having the radiotherapy (and getting the mask done) am really pleased that this is sorted and I can get on with it, things not just hung in the air anymore. Fingers crossed now that all this goes to plan..............well (ish) lol!
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks everyone.

Didn't know that there were different kinds of mask, not looking forward to it but hopefully will be quick.

Thanks for the tip about Bexley wing carpark Shezbert, didn't know about that, will be a big help if can save on parking fees.

On a lighter note decided to ditch my bandana today.........really apprehensive at first (only just scraped a covering of hair) ............ but then ............ wayhaaaaay ............. freedom ................... feels great.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

...and I'm glad she made the decision easier for you - good luck with that!

Totally understand the bandana thing, haha - the first thing that gets pulled off is the wig when I get in (kids have got used to it thankfully!)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi,

i'm so glad the decision was taken out of your hands. if you're anything like me it would have been spinning round your head 24/7 and ended up driving you loopy....good luck with the radiotherapy i'm sure you'll be fine hun try not to worry to much & in the mean time have a fantastic holiday.

big hugs trudy xxxx