Ovarian Cancer

1 minute read time.

Hello to all you unknown friends.  This is the first time I have felt a real need for some help.  I was diagnosed 30th July with stage 3c ovarian cancer with omental (unsure of spelling) disease.  Plan was 3/4 chemo cycles of paxol/carboplatin followed by operation and 3/2 more cycles of chemo.  Had 3 chemos and then a scan to find out progress.  After waiting 3 weeks for results met the surgeon and oncologist.  The surgeon said that he was not expecting to effect a cure as such and that the cancer would come back.  He also said that the cancer was very close to the colon and that I may need to have a stoma bag (non reversible).

I had been feeling fairly positive up until that time (last Thursday) but now I am finding it very hard.  Both Barry (my husband) and I liked the surgeon, if not what he said and have been told that he is very good.

Last Friday I had 4th chemo and am suffering a lot of joint pain and stabbing pains on my side, which I also did after my 2nd cycle - but not nearly so bad 1st and 2nd cycles.  I do think my present mental state is not helping.

Has anyone any experience of the Southampton gynaeological team?

Thank you all

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

One step at a time!

You will find lots of support on here to help you through the tough times and the times you get good news.

All the best Love Julie XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Fiona,

All you can do is stay positive, and take each day at a time.  Good days and bad days... everybody is different and reacts differently, but the good vibes and positive thoughts all help.  Give yourself a target to reach in the future, and get everybody to help you get there.  I know people that don't want anybody to know they got Cxxxxx, but if people know they give you their strength and prayers to help as well.  Every little helps, the same as everybody on this site pulling with you to get you through.

Love n hugs

Viv

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Fiona, I am an Ovarian cancer patient too. I have been living with it for 9 yrs and am still going strong. Just take things as they come. There are a lot of ovarian patients on here who would be pleased to help you if we can.

Love Rosie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks to all of you for your kind words.  Don't feel so bad today - better weather and able to get out for a while with my daughter and granddaughter for a walk.  Thanks especially to Drew - Barry dislikes champagne but some while ago said that he would share some (!) with me after the op and rest of the chemo  - so you hit the nail on the head.  Love to all xx