Normal service has, unfortunately, been resumed

2 minute read time.

Remember how yesterday I blogged in some excitement because the Churchill had managed to do a few things right?

Well, scratch that. The doctor who was intelligent enough to come down and find me in the Day Treatment Unit to let me know that he'd booked me a tummy drain rather than trying to phone me at home when I wasn't there, was, unfortunately, not intelligent enough to book me a bed on the ward at the same time. No bed, no drain. So we traipsed all the way over there for the third time this week, bag all packed and bear in hand ... then hung around in the day room for a couple of hours, and then traipsed back again. Undrained. I know I said I didn't want an overnight stay, but this was not what I meant!

A nice little nurse scurried around quite determinedly on our behalf and he swears, cross his heart, that he has rescheduled both drain and bed (well, just scheduled bed, I suppose) for Friday. I'll believe it when I see it. Also, that means that I won't get my visit from Tim this week, so major sulk about that. *grump* And also it means that we will have been to the Churchill four days out of five this week, and the petrol mounts up. Imagine if I were having to do it by public transport!

It is quite a pretty drive: I'll give it that. The horse chestnuts and the hawthorn are over now, so you may cast as many clouts as may gladden your heart, but the elderflower is in bloom, and there are wild roses, poppies, moon daisies, ragwort, and some rather straggly but grimly determined Queen Anne's Lace. And everything is very green. Everything that isn't under a foot of water, that is.

I may sound quite resigned and chirpy about the Churchill fking up, but I am actually so cross that my jaw has locked quite tight and I keep having to massage it to loosen it up again. Grrrrrr.

I have often felt inclined to get my treatment moved to the Horton, which is near Banbury. But (a) I have no guarantee that it would be any better - it's run by the same hospitals trust - and (b) I don't know how to go about it.

And no, LM, I don't really think that moving to Wales is a viable solution!

Never mind. Here is Java Bear, who comes to hospital with me and cheers me up.

He had his work cut out for him today, I can tell you.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hilary that is just terrible !! You must be so angry about being messed about like that!

Like the Pome Minima!

And as for Macmillan getting the problems sorted, I think you can definately say, try again as it is still coming up with multiples.

I hope Friday will be a better day for you Hiliar.

Hugs

Respect

xxxx

• Hilary I am so very sorry about what has happened to you yet again.The Churchill has really earned a well deserved award of a large hob nailed steel toe capped boot up the jacksie.Yesterday just shows what they can do when they try and how it helps the patient to feel less stressed.They seem to be lacking in any organisation let alone compassion.Have they no idea how it feels to be facing awful procedures how anxious and stressed it can make you and how you try to prepare yourself as best you can let alone the expence of traveling up and down.Then to be let down by incompetence a complaint needs to be made.I am more than sorry you will miss your much looked forward to visit by your lovely brother it's shit upon shite.Java bear is gorgeous and I like his smile.You have had more than your fair share Hilary and I so hope that things get better for you and soon.After all you are not asking for or expecting anything that should not already be in place and be the norm Complain Complain Complain they will have to take notice its your life they are messing about with and how bloody dare they Much Love Huge Hugs and one for Judy and Java too xxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh Hilary ! I can't believe they have let you down again, either ....... not a very good ' service ' at all ! Plus all the travelling back and forth for both yourself and Judy - it's just not on. Yes, I think we should send in the ' Heavy Gang ' and sort 'em out ...... Cruton can lead the charge in her armoured bin with Odin on Sleipnir followed by his menagerie and us lot bringing up the rear.

In the meantime try and unwind - give Java Bear a hug. Wishing things improve very soon and you get to see Tim again.

Love and hugs, Joycee xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Quite frankly I don't think any of the medical team there have a clue what us cancer patients have to go through!!!!!!!!!! Hilary you are a star, I don't cope with any of it and just lately have fallen to pieces and I'm not even having chemo!!!!

Huge hugs to you xxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Poo. And it is. 

Oh, I guess that isn't enough words for me. (oh you wish it were I know)  

Your bear is far too smiley  for such an occasion.  I would offer my rabbit but he is bad tempered and scared of hospitals so not a lot of use. Stick with Java- is he a bear of little brain? he looks it she whispered in case he's listening...

I hope Friday goes ok and I am trying to see when your birthday is. I know it must be soon. I will be cross if I find out after the event so fess up missy!

your hospital is crap. Mine isn't (my lovely consultant just wrote me a letter free of charge the same day I asked for it and posted it to me with a copy for my travel insurance) that's all I'm saying.

All the hugs and spoons and love

Little My xxx