Hair today - ah, you know the rest

1 minute read time.

Thus far my dear, loving friends' suggestions for dealing with hair loss have included "boot polish", "disguise yourself as Jean-Luc Picard", and "put a cat on your head". I'm thinking of firing the lot of them and renting a whole new set of friends. Judy's contribution was "buy a pair of Doc Martens to complete the look" - that's fine, but people would just assume I was an exceptionally butch Lesbian, and I've spent many years trying to disabuse people of that idea (except for one job I had, where ... oh, that's a long story). I said I could paint rabbits on my head, and then everyone would think they were hares.

Yeah, you can tell, we're all taking this madly to heart.

Judy's just found a number for a mobile hairdresser in the local advertising rag, so let's see if she can help. I hope so, this morning it was like I was sharing the bath with Burt Reynolds's chest wig.

Have been to give a pre-chemo blood sample, then to pick up (free!!) drugses. I am pretty sure that "Oooh, lovely!" is not the correct response to codeine, but the heck with it, it's mine.

I had a lovely little moral tale about hair loss and positivity I was going to share, but I am knackered and have to go lie down now. Maybe later. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ha ha aw bless you!  Loving the Burt's chest hair comment!!  I'm picturing it now!

Enjoy your lie down, you do make me smile HUGS xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

my hair is sprouting up now all over the place after beeing hairless for over 5 months and now hair i wish it was bald again, !!  Nah , it was easier it needs a trim to neaten it up now, and over my face to wtf is that  ?? hair on me face  Never,  had hair on my face must be hormonial soon be on the mend hair is nothing to me now just my health good luck xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have two house bunnies you can borrow - not sure if they would stay on your head for long though.

One grey one black - depends which look you want 

Love DB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ha ha! Think we should all be having a lie down for LM, as we know she has to do it by proxy. You can still laugh and crack a joke......

Big hug xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    oh oh oh i am playing on my phone lying down I'll have you know and it looks like it is letting comment!! Wow lets see... Hug to you and stinker have a lie diwn for me on your new sofa...cheap excuse eh? You can have a drink for me too Xxxx will it post??? Oooh.....