The Day The Earth Stood Still

Less than one minute read time.

02 March 2012

I held his hand.  I kissed his hand.  I begged him not to leave me.  I told him I needed him.  But more importantly I told him I loved him.

He is my hero.  He is the Guide and the Weight of My World.  He is my everything.  And I am his mini-me.

I held his hand.  He took his final breath.  Or at least we thought he did.  He is stubborn.  He is brave.  He is courageous.  He is the most amazing man that I will ever know.  He is a fighter.  He is my father.  He is my daddy.

I miss him.

Rewind.....

03 February 2011

It was about 10pm when I got home.  The house was empty but that wasn't anything out of the ordinary.  Daddy goes to Tescos at all sorts of hours for bits and bobs.

"You might want to sit down," my step mum told me when she got in.

A Brain Tumour.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ditto Molly!  I dedicated my whole life to my daddy for the last year, he had been an awesome father for 24 years, it was the least I could do.  I made sure he know exactly what he meant to me, I travelled all over every day to whatever hospital he was in.  I have no regrets because I know I did everything I possibly could for him.

I believe the peace and happiness I feel is because of the bond I have with him, and I have no doubt yours is the same.  Our feelings are the mirror of theirs because of the connection to them... a connection that many people don't have even when their dads are sitting right next to them

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

to vixylou1986 and molloyb

i have read your stories,and it has touched my heart,i have a brain tumour and lung cancer,and i am coping with the loving support from wife,son,daughter and many people,so from a dads perspective it is very much apreciated and  needed.the support i have got helps you cope with the situation,the thoughts i will take from this journey is one of love and being able to cope,and i think taking people for granted is not what life is about

i know the pain of you losses must be hard at this time,but hopefully the pain will ease for you both

good luck to you both

kevinm 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Kevin!

There is nothing better in the world than dad's so I'm sure you have done so much for your wife and your children to deserve all the support and love you get.

People like you, and my dad, are such remarkable people.  Hit with so much but you are so brave.  My thoughts and love are with you!