Cancer, Me and Them

• Hospitals and Hospices

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello blog peeps,

I am writing this blog from within the hospice.  My family are here with me to stay the night, please don't panic.  I am in here for respite and very much plan to come out again but I'll tell you how we ended up here.

It's been a while since I wrote a blog.  It's been eventful.  Unfortunately not in a good way. 

On the 15th March I felt really hot so I took my temperature.  38.9 is not good…

• Medical stuff and Life in General

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello :)

What have we been up to?  Are you even interested?  I do wonder if the blog has served its time.  Is it still necessary?

I guess while there is something medical happening there may be people following who are still interested.  We still exist beyond the medical happening in some form but it is disjointed.  We wrap ourselves around the space that is left, if that makes sense?  But whether that part of our journey is…

• Another Rollercoaster ride...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Evening all,

We have just finished our evening meal and everyone is settled watching television or dozing so I think now is a good time to bring you up to date with what happened last week.

The hospital contacted me after confirming that I would definitely be receiving the trial drug to arrange this weeks appointment.  They asked me to travel down on Monday when I would have a blood test then stay down as they had booked…

• Will they, Won't they?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Evening dear readers,

I should be writing this blog about how my first immunotherapy infusion went.  Instead I'm writing about how I still haven't got that far.

I didn't get my first infusion last week as hoped.

We booked our train tickets and hotel room as the hospital suggested we would be better to spend the night before in London so we could be at the hospital in the morning ready for a raft of tests and…

• Pain, sticks and Immunotherapy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello blogees (is that even a word?  I might have made it up )

Just thought I'd take five minutes to update you all on the latest happenings concerning the Bastard.  Seems a perfect moment to do it as the children are all still asleep and Mr H is occupied on the PlayStation.

The last fortnight has been hard.   I won't lie.  Things are starting to go wrong with my body.  Nasty urinary tract infection, bowel issues and…