Car Parking- Your Experience

1 minute read time.

I’m Jess and I am the Campaigns Intern at Macmillan. I joined the team about a month ago and I have been learning all about the different campaigns that Macmillan have; in particular Welfare Reform, Fuel Poverty and Hospital Car Parking.

One of my projects since I started has been to gather information on car parking charges at every hospital in England- about 300 hospitals which is taking a good amount of time! In my research I have found some great examples of where hospitals have listened to their patients and removed car parking charges for cancer patients and their carers. Unfortunately, I have also heard some tough situations where patients are facing high charges with no concessions.

Have you had a good or bad experience with hospital car parking? If so then get in touch, as all the information will help us to campaign more effectively to help eliminate car parking charges for patients affected by cancer.

If you don’t park at the hospital, how do you get there? Do you take public transport? Again we would love to hear your thoughts on the issue.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you all so much for your responses, it is great to have your thoughts on this issue and will allow us to campaign more effectively.

It's good to hear that some of your have had free parking or a concessionary permit; however some of your have had difficult experiences and this is why we are campaigning on the issue.

Please keep your thoughts and experiences coming, it's very much appreciated!

Thanks

Jess xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had my operation at Stanmore Hospital In Middlesses back in May 2010, They have car parks and dont charge for the parking. Further more if the car park is ever full you then can park, on single and double yellow lines with in the hospital grounds. as long you dont block the access. so 10 out of ten to Stanmore.