A quick survey for those who wish to return to work

Less than one minute read time.

Hi there! For many people, remaining in their job or returning to work, during or after cancer treatment, is important to them. Macmillan Cancer Support want to ensure people affected by cancer feel supported in their decisions and that employees and managers have the information and support they need to work through cancer.

The Working Through Cancer campaign team have put together a quick survey for people who have had a cancer diagnosis and are currently out of work.  We would like to better understand what support would be helpful to enable people who have had cancer get back into work.

The survey should only take a couple of minutes, if you would like to take part then please click here.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Everyone, The survey is now closed, thanks to everyone who clicked through, told us about their experiences and gave us their opinions.

We'll have some results up here soon.

Simon

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello, I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year.

I said I'd put up some results from the Return to Work Survey, and here they are:

We asked people to let us know how long they had  been out of work.

30% of people said '0 – 6 Months'

22% of you said '6 Months – 1 Year'

18% said they had been out of work from '1 - 2 years'

20% hadn't worked for '2 Years – 5 Years'

and 10% said 'More than 5 Years'

We asked people to let us know whether they had  received any support in terms of skills/training to help you get back to work.

Only 2.2% of people had!

We wanted to know if such support would be beneficial.

While 36.4% of people said that they didn't feel such support would help.

63.6% thought it would help.

Macmillan Cancer Support will be taking a detailed look at these results and having a think about how best to support those who have had a cancer diagnosis and are out of work.

Best wishes,

Simon