NO SPIT AFTER TREATMENT

Less than one minute read time.
HI, I'VE BEEN 19 MONTHS IN REMISSION AND I HAVE LITTLE TO NO SALVIA,(STILL!) HAS ANYONE ELSE THIS PROBLEM AS I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW THEY ARE COPING!
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jill,

I  did have a PEG fitted,thankfully no infections. I found it a nuisance too,but you will eventually get into the swing of it! In fact I missed the whirl,click, in the middle of the night when it was finally removed,LOL!

All I have now is a wee dimple scar at the wound site. I use to tuck the end of tube into my bra when not in use, lol!

Hope RT 7 went well for you! Take care and hear from you soon.

Alison x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm going through it. Although saliva production is not completely stopped due to chemotherapy, it is significantly reduced. Certain chemotherapy drugs are worse than others and some of the drugs affect saliva production differently depending on the size and frequency of the doses. There are now some means of preventing xerostomia like natural <a href="www.nuvorainc.com/salese.html">dry mouth products</a> like the one from Nuvora's Salese worked well for me.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thankyou Olivia,

although my saliva glands have been damaged due to RT, I'll certainly try that product!

good luck with your treatment! x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I tried all the products for my dry mouth the best thing I found was also the cheapest, Boots Expert dry mouth wash and dry mouth spray = although I don't think I could have used them for several weeks after the end of the ttreatment as they would have made my mouth sore - but if you really want to tackle the dry mouth have acupuncture, I have this arranged through the Penny Brohn centre in Bristol and it is a number of needles in the ear, I can't tell you how effective it is, I have been amazed. There are trials going on in several hospitals with this therapy.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Try Peppermint spray / oil and just spray it around you and I noticed the difference straight away . It helps the saliva glands to work.