New to forum

• 12 replies
  • 66 subscribers

Just received news that no more treatment available.

I have AML and Parkinson’s Disease, and I’m 76 

years old, also bone marrow showed worse kind of faulty

gene. Looking to future has anyone advice on how to stay in own home for as long as possible ?

• Hi Sakchi welcome to the group, but so sorry you find yourself here. 
    I am not sure what your home situation is , whether you have family to assist, but if you give the Macmillan support line a call they will be able to help you with any information regarding help at home. It’s a free call number and they are available 7 days a week from 8am until 8pm on 0808 808 00 00. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Welcome Sakchi

Sorry you have had to join the group, though you are most welcome.

As Chelle has said, give the Macmillan support kine a call, i always found them very helpful.

Though please use this group, for a chat, some thing you may wish to chat about, or some thing that may be bothering you, we have all been threw all this different situations and some one may have an answer.

You will get a lot of support here and a nice bunch of people.

Take Care Ellie xx

• Hi you will get great support from us whenever you need us for a chat or advice we all support each other xxx

Flippen
  • Thank you, I’m not sure how to  respond to individual 

replies, will have to practice !

• Thank you, I’m sure I will find the group helpful 

• Thank you , I must get used to navigating the site, not sure how to reply !

• Thank you, good advice

• Thank you Chelle, intent to find out about local support, not sure ihow to reply to so many welcome  messages,

isthere a way to acknowledge group responses with one Reply?

• Hi Sakchi, we can all read your replies, so don’t worry you are doing a good job. The site does take some getting used too, but you’ve found us now that’s the main part. 

I am glad you are going to check out some local support. We are all here if you need to chat xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Sakchi, and welcome to the group. There is no need to respond to each message individually unless you want to. I hope that you find the support that you need to stay at home in comfort.

Best wishes 

Sarah