How can I tag my blog to the Breast Cancer Discsussion a group?

Hi, I can see some suggested blogs come up tin the breast cancer community discussion group.  How can I tag my blog to this?

thanks, Lindsay 

• Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for your question, my name is Rachel and I work as part of the Community team here at Macmillan.

Firstly, I just want to say that your question is a very good one and that I’m glad that you have posted here today to ask more about how our ‘Related blogs’ panel works.

Within the ‘Breast cancer group, our related blogs panel picks up any blog posts created on the Community that include the tag Breast cancer.

A tag is a way of categorising content, such as blogs, on the site so that members can more easily find content relevant to them. Every time you are creating a blog post, before you click post you will see a box at the bottom of the page titled ‘Tags’.

In this box you can type in key words or subjects that you have covered in your blog, or that represent what your blog is about. For example, Chemotherapy or Life after cancer.

Screenshot showing the tags bar at the bottom of the blogs page.

You can have as many tags as you would like on each of your blog posts and once you are happy with your tags, simply click post.

To make sure that your blog can be viewed in our ‘Related blogs’ panel in the ‘Breast cancer group, simply type in Breast cancer into the tags bar at the bottom of your next blog post. This will then mean your blog post will be pulled through to our ‘Related blogs’ panel.

I hope you don’t mind Lindsay, but I have also gone through all your previous blog posts from your blog One life live it’ and have added the Breast cancer tag to make sure that all the blog posts you have already published are picked up on our ‘Related blogs’ panel.

To make sure your blogs continue to be picked up by this panel, you will need to add the tag Breast cancer to any future blog posts you publish.

I hope that the above information is useful but if you have any questions at all, or ever need any support, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. You can either post another question here, or email the team directly at community@macmillan.org.uk.

The Community team aims to support all our members as best we can, so if there is ever anything we can do to help – do let us know.

Kindest regards,

Rachel
    Macmillan’s Community team

• Thank you so much Rachel, and many thanks for tagging all the ones already there.   Much appreciated and I will tag them in future, regards Lindsay 

• Hi

You're more than welcome, I'm glad my response was useful. If you have any further questions about using tags, or finding the right support for you on the Community, please don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

You can always post questions here in our 'Help group', or email the team at community@macmillan.org.uk

Take care, 

Rachel
    Macmillan's Community team