Hey

Worrie/anxious

• I had a colposcopy done 4/5 weeks ago.. All took from what lady said and said they be taking for biopsy..anyway time passed still no results until I received a letter to go one hospital we'd 28th to me ringing why? no answer to me ringing the hospital where i had treatment done anyway in that time they already rang the 2nd hospital to cancel that for me to go my 1st hospital where to get me on that clinic anyway I rang them asking why for them telling me consultant wants to talk with me should I be worried?  I understand a consultant surely don't call me in for nothing otherwise I'd of just received my biopsy in letter if was nothing.

• Hi ,

My name's Tom and I'm a part of the Online Community team here at Macmillan. I'm sorry to read you are worried and anxious about your biopsy results. We know from listening to our members that worrying about the unknown can be one of the hardest things. 

The best thing to do when worrying about results is to speak to your medical teams, so you have done the right thing in chasing them up. No two peoples' medical journeys are identical and so we would always advise you to chase up your results with your GP and the hospital.

We can appreciate it can be difficult having to wait, and feeling worried, but we wouldn't advise looking for answers online. Not for your medical concerns anyway.

For emotional support the Online Community is absolutely the right place to come to. Our 'Help Pages' can assist you to join groups and post on the Online Community. Our ‘New to the Community’ group may be a good place to start.

Usually our help group here is for technical queries but we're always keen to provide direction where we can.

Hopefully you will get the clarity and answers you are looking for soon Sassy24. If we can assist you further at all, please don't hesitate to respond directly here or email community@macmillan.org.uk anytime. 

Kindest Regards,

Tom
    Macmillan Community Team

• Update.. 

So I had a 2nd loop done and today I rang to see if results were back...

Anyway the receptionist said she ill receive a call this afternoon..

I had got a call so I rang to makesure no one forgot as time was getting on she got her college to speak to me saying my results were in but she can't discuss with me?

Dont know if this a good or bad sign

Anyone else had this please

• Hi ,

It’s Tom here again from the Online Community team. I’m sorry to read that you are still waiting for results, we know how difficult that can be.

We wouldn’t be able to comment on individual GP practice procedures. I’m sure it differs between practices and we aren’t medically trained.

The Help Group here is for technical help in using the Online Community. General members of the site often won’t see posts here or be able to respond.

I can see you have posted in other parts of the Community, it may be worth following up there to get a response from our members?

If you have any trouble in doing that, please don’t hesitate to ask here and we can help on how to do it.

I hope you feel you have some support around you during this difficult time? Our members often talk about the benefits of talking things through with someone when you’re feeling worried.

You could also give our Macmillan Support Line a call to talk to someone. The Macmillan Support Line is available 7 days a week from 8am till 8pm on freephone 0808 808 00 00. They are well versed in conversations around cancer and cancer worries, I’m sure giving them a call would be useful to you just now Sassy24.

Hopefully this all makes sense. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to respond directly here or email community@macmillan.org.uk anytime.

Kindest Regards,

Tom
    Macmillan Community Team

• Update.. 

So I rang clinic yesterday to see if my biopsy results were back...

The receptionist put a medically trained person on said i have to have more tests and treatments done and I'm in a team discussion on Monday then ill know more then but can't give results until this meeting..

I don't no where I'm at what stage nothing I'm so annoyed that I'm left waiting to what's next or if its all negative. 

• Hi Sassy24, 

My name is Megan and I also work as part of Macmillan's Online Community Team. We regularly see conversations on the site where other members are feeling worried and anxious when waiting for test results, especially when they don't know what stage their diagnosis is. You're not alone in feeling this way so I'm glad you're coming to the community for some support. 

From looking at your profile, I can see that you have recently started a discussion in the Cervical cancer forum, so if you wanted to post your update in this discussion thread, you can click here. So you don't have to type out your update again, you can copy and paste your post here in the Help section.

You may want to start a new discussion in the Cervical cancer forum, so if this is something you wish to do, you can click the '+new' or '+' button near the group title. I've added an image below to help explain. 

I hope the above information is helpful to you and please remember that the Support Line teams are also here to help. They can provide emotional support and practical information alongside talking through your questions and concerns. If you feel you'd find it helpful to talk about your situation just now, you can call them on 0808 808 00 00 alongside using live webchat, 7 days a week from 8am-8pm.

If you need any help using the Online Community please let us know as we're here to help all our members access the support they are looking for. 

Best wishes, 

Megan

Macmillan Community Team