How to get back to search results

How do I get back to my list of search results once I have followed a particular thread and want to look at others?

• Hi Moodyblue,

Thank you for your question, my name is Megan and I work as part of the Community Team. We know that speaking to other people who have been through a similar experience can provide some comfort and support, so I hope you are finding this here on the Community. It is a safe place for you to talk about your cancer experience and access support when you need it.

I hope the following information will help you with using the search bar function. If you type a key word or phrase in the search box at the top of the page, and press enter, it will take you to the results page as shown below.

Screenshot of search results page

Here you can filter the search results on the left-hand side to help find what you are looking for.

When you click on a discussion thread to follow, to get back to the results page you just ‘click back’ as circled below.

Screenshot of search results page

If you are using a mobile device, you should still have a ‘click back’ option, it may look something like this:

Screenshot of search results page on a phone

If you do not press enter when searching it will come up with some ‘quick click’ suggested options to your search. You will only be able to see these search results again if you type the same words in the search box again.

Screenshot of search bar results

I hope the above information is helpful and please do get back in touch if myself and the team can help you further.

Best wishes, 

Megan

Macmillan Community Team

• I’m sorry but that just does not work on an iPad. I type in the full word, not just the ‘quick click’ suggestions but when I follow a link and then click back it just takes me back to the home page I started from and I have to type in my search term again. 

• Hi ,

I'm Eliza and I work with Meg on the Community team, thanks for getting in touch with us. When you type in the search bar and click "enter", you will see a drop-down menu from the search bar, like I've pictured below. 

When you click on options from this menu, if you click "back" you will be taken back to the homepage. However, if you click "Advanced search" in the bottom right, which I've circled in red, this will take you to a full results page:

You will then be able to scroll through all the search options and click on posts you'd like to read. When you click your "back" button, you'll be taken back to this results screen. 

I can see you've mentioned in your first post that you'd like to look through discussion threads. You can filter your results on this page by using the menu on the left. If you use the drop down menu to select "Forums", you will only see discussion threads from groups on the site:

If you use this search function while you're in a particular group, you have the option to search for results just within that group. I wonder if you might find this helpful, if you're looking for people who have had a similar experience to you? To do so, just go to a group's page, and then type into the search bar while you're in the group and follow the above steps. 

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions at all or if you'd like any further support, please let us know.

Best wishes,

Eliza

Eliza
    Macmillan Community Team