Recently diagnosed

Hi everyone

I am new to the group and have recently been diagnosed with a stage 2 ductal carsinoma. I had a similar cancer in the same breast 20 years ago so will have to have a mastectomy this time (You can't have radiotherapy in the same place twice)and will almost certainly go for a reconstruction at the same time.

I was wondering what I need to think about regarding night/daywear for the hospital and afterwards. Am I going to have trouble putting on a t-shirt like top? Will I need front opening pyjamas, tops etc? What about bras? Do I need a soft supporting sports type bra? All mine are underwired!

Thanks.

• Hi Pollymay

My name is Megan and I work as part of the Community Team. I would like to wish you a warm welcome to the Community, I hope you will find it to be a source of comfort and support.

The reason for getting in touch was because I was not sure if you meant to direct your post to other Community members to get some peer to peer support. This Help Group is where you can ask the Community team for support with any technical issues or for more general help with using the Community.

Pollymay, I am so sorry to read your post and hear of your recent diagnosis alongside your previous cancer experience. With everything that you have going on I am pleased you have found the Online Community as we know how helpful it can be to speak to others who have been through similar experiences.

With this in mind I wondered if you would wanted to post your questions in our Breast cancer group? I am sure one of our members will be on hand to offer some support once you have posted.

You are also welcome to have a look at our other Community groups that are categorised into Cancer Types and Cancer Experiences, and join the ones you feel will provide the best support to you.

You can also search for groups (or related content), by typing a keyword into the search bar at the top of the page.

I hope the above information is helpful and please do let myself and the Community team know if there is anything further we can do to help you with using the Community site.

Best wishes,

Megan

Macmillan Community Team