How do I join the New to community Group

Can someone help me - I’m trying to join the New to the community group and I’m just going around in circles. Tried looking at the help section and still unable to join. I would like to get notifications of replies to my posts on that group and have to join it to get them

many thanks

• Hello MrT1

I'm Steph from the Community team. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in our response.

The 'New to the Community' group is an open group for everyone, so there's no joining option. I am so sorry that I omitted this information from my previous response as I can see in retrospect that this may have caused some confusion. 

You should still get notifications for the New to the Community group, but if you're subscribed to receive notifications on replies and you're  not seeing anything from this group, please would you let us know. We can then look into this further for you.

You might also want to try using 'bookmarks' to keep your groups and threads in one place. On the desktop version of the site, you’ll see these towards the right-hand-side of your screen when you’re viewing a group or thread. If you’re on a mobile, you’ll find them just above the group content. You should see options to ‘bookmark’ the specific thread or the overall group/forum.

When you’ve added some bookmarks, you can find them every time you’re logged in by clicking on the ‘bookmark’ icon at the top of your screen. On a mobile, you’ll need to click the arrow at the top right of your screen to show the bookmark icon which looks like this:

Please do let us know if you have any further questions or need any further help. I'm going to take a look now at your further question in this group and see if I can offer any further advice.

Best wishes,

Steph
    Online Community Officer