new upgrade

Anonymous
Anonymous

HI my name is jim788 <edited by admin> unfortunately seem to have lost all my information on this new site sorry no idea  

• Hello 

I'm Steph from the Community team, thank you so much for posting your question and I am so sorry you're having trouble finding your way around.

It sounds like you haven't been able to log in as yet, so I'll try contacting you by email to see if we can help you get back into your account, in case you're unable to log in and see this.

Please check your registered email address for an email from community@macmillan.org.uk and we'll get this sorted out for you.

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • I'm so fed up with being able to use the new format that I think I will give up . Unfortunately I could really use some support right now. Sorry but seems to be the only way I can post anything didn't really want to hijack your post. Any help from Macmillan would be gratefully received. One very unhappy member of maybe ex member

• I'm still having to log in again every time. Really puts me off contributing.

I'd also like an option to skip all the 'did you know that' pop ups.

• Hi ,

Thank you for your post, I'm Eliza from the Community team. I’m sorry to hear that you might be struggling to use the new site. Whilst changes have been made to the appearance of the site, you should still be able to find support and do everything that you are used to doing. 

Our Help section here has step-by-step guides on how to use groups, access private messages, and more. You can post in groups by going to a group’s page, and clicking on “New” in the top right corner. 

If you’re using a mobile, you can start a new discussion by clicking on the button which looks like a ‘+’.

A text box will then appear, where you can write your post and then click “post” at the bottom of the text box when you are finished.

You can find out more about how to start a discussion in a group and responding to others on the site here.

If you’d like someone to talk to, JennyJJ, please remember our Support Line is here for you. Our Support Line is available over emaillive webchat or by calling 0808 808 00 00 7 days a week between 8am-8pm.

I hope this helps, JennyJJ. If you have any questions, technical issues or would just like some further support, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at community@macmillan.org.uk. We’re here to do everything we can to help you access support on the site.

Best wishes,

Eliza

Macmillan Community team

Eliza
    Macmillan Community Team
  • Hi ,

Thank you for your post, I'm Eliza from the Community team. I’m sorry to hear that logging in is putting you off contributing on the site.

While we don’t have a “remember me” button, there are no restrictions on your browser saving your username and password for the Online Community, if you would find this useful to make logging in a bit easier. If you’re not sure how to set this up, there is some further information below:

Thank you as well, Teasswill, for your feedback about pop-ups on the site.

I hope this might help, but if you need any further support, are experiencing any technical problems or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know here or at community@macmillan.org.uk.

Best wishes,

Eliza
    Macmillan Community team

Eliza
    Macmillan Community Team
  • I have the password saved, but it's still irritating to have to go to the log in page & click to log in, when we used to be able to stay logged in. Having said that, I am still logged on from this morning which is better than it was.

• Hello

I'm Steph from the Community team and I hope I can help.

The site was updated earlier in the week, so you'll only be logged out after you've been on the site for 4 consecutive hours, which should make for a much smoother experience.

When your passwords are saved across your devices, you should be able to access the Community in a logged in state. If you're experiencing anything different, are you able to provide screenshots so we can see what's happening for you? 

It's good to hear that you're still logged in now, so hopefully it's all working for you now.

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • Thanks for pointing me to this thread.

There are a number of niggles with the new format but the most irritating is that the link to the "Latest post" in the "discussions" page does not work. Instead of going to the latest post in the thread it takes you to the first post. I have tried this in Opera, Firefox & Chrome and they all work the same. This is really annoying if it is a long thread with several pages of posts going back several years and really needs to be fixed ASAP.

It would be even better, as in other standard forum software, it there was a link to the "Last Unread Post", so that users could go back to the same place where they were when they last left that thread.

Let's get this fixed first and then we can discuss the other less important issues.

Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • sorry I have been away seemed to have signed in ok just struggling to get all the old questions and answers from the old site. Is it possible to see all my old writings?

Best wishes,
                        Jim
  • Hi

I've sent you an email to help you get this sorted out - if you'd rather communicate through PM, please let me know and I will resend it to you through the site.

It looks like you're logged in now and you'll be able to see your previous posts in your profile, under 'activity'. Alternatively click here and you'll see everything you've posted. 

Steph
    Online Community Officer