Difficulty posting a reply to Ask a nurse

Hello

2 days ago I posted a question on the Ask the expert, Ask a nurse section and yesterday I received a very kind reply from a nurse called Deborah. I clicked on reply and typed a reply several times but when I tried to post it the purple square with post written in it did not appear and so I was unable to send my reply. I tried replying from the reply underneath the answer and also the reply button at the top next to the like button but the post button didn't appear. I was able to click the like button successfully.  In the end I gave up and several hours later I wrote a new, much shorter post to thank Deborah for her reply. Please can you advise how to post in future. 

Thanks

A

• Hi ,

Thanks for your question, I’m Eliza from the Community team. I’m sorry to see that you’ve not been able to post a reply in “Ask an Expert” as I can appreciate that technical problems can sometimes be quite frustrating.To reply to an Expert’s response to your question in “Ask an Expert”, you should see a “reply” button underneath their post, which looks like this:

You can then click on “reply” which will bring up a text box, where you can write your response and click “reply” to post your message.

If this isn’t visible and you don’t have an option to post a reply, please could you send us a screenshot or picture of what you see to community@macmillan.org.uk? This would be really helpful for us to be able to do everything we can to resolve your issue as soon as possible. 

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any other questions or would like any further support. 

Take care,

Eliza
    Macmillan Community Team
  • Hello. I have the same problem. I could not find a way to reply

• Hello

I am very sorry to hear this. There should be a reply box under the nurses post. 

If this isn’t visible and you don’t have an option to post a reply, please could you send us a screenshot or picture of what you see to community@macmillan.org.uk? This would be really helpful for us to be able to do everything we can to resolve your issue as soon as possible. 

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any other questions or would like any further support. 

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • I have the same problem. I received an email saying I'd had a reply to a question I'd asked. The email was a "do not reply to this email" type with a link to here. I saw the same "Reply" box that Eliza shows in her post and tried to thank Annerose (the nurse who'd answered my question). I then got a drop-down message telling me I didn't have "permission" to post a reply in that section - and that was that!

• Hi Sunflowers3

Thank you for sharing your concern, my name is Megan and I work as part of the Community team. I am sorry to hear you were not able to reply to Annerose who had provided a response to your post in the Ask a Nurse section.

You should then be able to respond to our experts once they have posted their response to you. So the Community team can have a look into this, would you be able to send us a screenshot of what happens when you are logged in, and try to reply to Annerose’s reply to you please?

If you are able to do this and send the screenshot to community@macmillan.org.uk we can investigate further.

If you have any further questions for the Nurses or the rest of our experts, please do start a new post in the Ask an Expert section whilst we look into this.

I am sorry again that this has been your experience and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes, 

Megan

Macmillan Community Team