We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Post op pain

Fudgeface4
Posted by

Hello everyone

Im wondering if it is normal to still be in pain 3 weeks after robotic surgery. I can’t lie on my side in bed and find it hard to bend down. It feels like a tearing/burning sensation when I move. I’m ok when I’m just sitting or gently walking. Should I contact the surgical team or keep taking pain killers?

Thank you in advance

NannyAnny
Posted by

Hi  Fudgeface,

I can't say I was in pain after 3 weeks, but I certainly wasn't totally comfortable. 3 weeks is not long to get over a big operation. We went away in our camper van after 3 weeks and I was worried about bending down to get pans (in the bottom cupboard). I managed carefully!!! I also think I was longer before I could turn over in bed. I was more than happy to sit and not move!!! I did stop painkillers when I got out of hospital because I wanted to get my bowels going.

It can't hurt to ring your CNS about it and see what she says. I went back to hospital 4 days after getting out to be checked, and they were lovely with me. My symptoms were just the bladder settling down after being bruised. I had niggles of pain for about 6 months afterwards. That felt more like nerve endings recovering.  xxxxx